Empire State Building Observatory standard or skip-the-line tickets
- Choose from standard or skip-the-line tickets
- Visit the observatory on the 86th-floor
- Use the high-powered binoculars for spectacular close-up views
- Enjoy panoramic views of up to six states from the surrounding open-air promenade
The World’s Most Famous Building is a must-see for its Observatory’s spectacular indoor and outdoor 360-degree views from the heart of Manhattan. Be transported while immersed in the rich history as you journey through this Art Deco masterpiece including the landmarked Fifth Avenue lobby and murals. Along with a gift shop filled with exclusive items, there are eight in-building dining options including the contemporary cuisine of STATE Grill and Bar and Tacombi, an authentic taqueria. Located at the center of it all, the Empire State Building is an easy walk from Times Square and just steps to Macy’s, Madison Square Garden and Penn Station.
In the new entrance, guests are immediately treated to more space, organized flow and hints of what will come from the next phases of the redevelopment, from digital hosts to a new lighting ceremony installation. Guests will ascend a grand staircase which splits around a two-story architectural model of ESB. New electronic, self-service ticket kiosks simplify the presentation of guests' choices of the myriad of options for their visit.
Don't forget to stop and explore the new, 2nd-floor exhibits on the way to the 86th-floor Observatory! Travel back in time and witness the evolution of the Empire State Building with interactive and immersive exhibits, from the days of construction in the 1920s to cementing its place in the pop culture of today. View the Empire State Building's original floor plans, understand how the building became a leader in sustainability, learn about the tenants who work on the hidden floors and watch highlights of the building's starring role in films since the 1930s.
- Visit to the Observatory on the 86th floor
- Free Multimedia App available for download from the App Store or Google Play
- Children (0-5): free for both ticket types
- Children (6-12): reduced price for standard ticket
Empire State Building Observatory - 20 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10118
- Skip-the-line tickets allow guests to skip all lines and go straight to the Observatory
- You'll receive your tickets instantly after purchase
- Peak times are from 11.00am to 1.00pm as well as one hour before and after sunset. If you wish to avoid long lines, it is recommended to avoid visiting at these times
- Cancellations are allowed up to five days after purchase (please ignore text at bottom of page)
- No refunds will be given due to inclement weather
- There are no locker storage facilities for personal belongings
- All visitors will be subject to airport-style security screening. Below is a list of items which are not permitted. The list is not exhaustive, so if you are unsure about an item, you are asked not to bring it. Any questions and uncertainties should be referred to the Security Officers on duty
- All weapons are prohibited, including firearms, ammunition, knives, swords, scissors, mace, any dangerous items, and any dual-use items that could be dangerous
- Following items are prohibited: glass items, including bottles, glasses, marbles, alcoholic beverages, cans, bottles, flasks, professional cameras, equipment and camera stands: mono-pods, bipods, tripod, sports equipment such as skateboards, roller skates, golf clubs, baseball bats, hockey sticks, baseballs, footballs, tennis balls, costumes, masks, etc
- Do not bring musical or marking instruments, including spray paint and markers
- Large packages, suitcases, carry-on luggage and other such parcels are prohibited
- Last elevator to the top is at 1.15am
- Free WiFi is available
- Signage and app is available in nine languages
Daily, from 8.00am to 2.00am
The last elevator to the Observatory is at 1.15am
Special holiday hours may apply on:
- July 4
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
See New York City sparkle on an evening panoramic tour of the city! Experience awesome New York City...
The One World Observatory at Freedom Tower offers expansive 360-degree views in all directions of Ne...
Join an all-inclusive visit to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island--New York City landmarks and s...
No trip to New York City would be complete without a visit to the world-famous Lady Liberty. A Reser...
Soar above the Big Apple and gaze at the city's most iconic landmarks on a thrilling helicopter tour...
Meet NYC’s most famous lady up close and in person on our Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour.Start ...
During your visit to New York, don’t miss the allure of one of the most amazing natural wonders of t...
See incredible views of New York City from the observatory of One World Trade Center: America’s tall...
You’re invited to discover that love is a force of nature… at Disney’s new musical, FROZEN. For the ...
Come along on your guided tour through one of New York City’s oldest neighborhoods and let your guid...