- Learn the history of the famous High Line
- See (and interact with) inspiring al fresco art works and hip Chelsea galleries
- Taste treats from purveyors in the Chelsea Market
- Catch views of the Statue of Liberty, Hudson River, Empire State Building and unique NYC buildings
You'll start your NYC tour with some background information on the High Line before strolling on the historic structure to see history up close. The aerial park is so much more than a green space. In fact, it was once an elevated railway that delivered goods to the various meatpacking plants and food factories that occupied the area.
Along the way, your guide will tell you about the various artworks — many of which are interactive — and about what you’re looking at down below. Hint: Have your camera ready, as you’ll get some stunning views of landmarks like the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building.
You’ll also visit the famed Chelsea Market — once the home of the National Biscuit Company (Nabisco) — and maybe grab a quick taste of some of their treats. Then, you'll then continue north along the High Line talking about architecture, sustainable design, and the transformation of the neighborhood.
Once you exit the High Line, your guide will take you through NYC’s Chelsea district to understand how the hip art-focused 'hood has been transformed by the High Line.
You’ll pop into galleries and trendy boutiques, and then wrap up the tour in the middle of the neighborhood with more tips and suggestions for those who would like to continue exploring culture in the area.
- Local English-speaking guide
- 1-2 small food tastings
- Additional food and drinks
- Entrance fees to local museums
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Minimum Child Age : 0
- Children under 6: free of charge
99 Gansevoort St, New York, NY 10014
Please meet your guide at the main entrance of Whitney Museum of American Art.
- You will receive confirmation upon booking of the tour
- Please dress comfortably as this is a walking tour. Casual dress is fine
- Please note: in the event of heavy snow fall, the High Line may have to close temporarily while the snow is cleared, you will need to contact the tour operator to find out if your tour is still running
- This is a child-friendly tour
- Daily at 9.00am
US Open - Day: Quarter Finals - Day 04-09-2018 8 Flushing Meadows Pedestrian Bridge, Corona, NY 1136...
US Open - Day: 4th Round - Day 02-09-2018 8 Flushing Meadows Pedestrian Bridge, Corona, NY 11368, US...
US Open - Day: 3rd Round - Day 31-08-2018 8 Flushing Meadows Pedestrian Bridge, Corona, NY 11368, US...
US Open - Day: 2nd Round - Day 29-08-2018 8 Flushing Meadows Pedestrian Bridge, Corona, NY 11368, US...
US Open - Evening: 2nd Round - Evening 29-08-2018 8 Flushing Meadows Pedestrian Bridge, Corona, NY 1...
US Open - Day: Men's Semifinal 07-09-2018 8 Flushing Meadows Pedestrian Bridge, Corona, NY 11368, US...