Bamburgh and Lindisfarne Day Tour
- Spend your day in the historic centres of Bamburgh and Lindisfarne
- Learn the history of the English Kingdom of Northumbria
- Visit St. Aiden's and the remains of the Bamburgh monastery
Spend your day on a historic tour of Bamburgh and Lindisfarne, centres of the English Kingdom of Northumbria. Since pre-history Bamburgh and Lindisfarne have had human settlements. Bamburgh was a fortress of the Kingdom and in the middle ages, the Castle developed as an important location against Scottish attack – eventually developing into the impressive fortification you see today. Lindisfarne is famous for both the Lindisfarne Gospels and being one of the first locations in the United Kingdom to be attacked by the Vikings. It is called the cradle of English Christianity due to the importance of the monastery in the dark ages. The Village of Bamburgh will also be included in the tour with the remains of the monastery and St. Aiden’s Church both being sights to visit.
- Historic tour of Bamburgh and Lindisfarne
- Accommodation pick-up
Children (0-17): reduced
Pick-up will be from your accommodation
- Due to the tides, the tour may go to Lindisfarne at different times to enable safe crossing and return to the mainland
- You will be informed on the pick-up time after the booking
- Dress warmly with waterproofs as the weather is always changeable
- The terrain of Bamburgh and Lindisfarne can be steep and uneven: this tour may be unsuitable for those who are recovering from injuries or do not feel comfortable on long distance walks
- There will be a lunch break but feel free to bring any additional food or drinks along with you on the tour
- Please make sure to select the correct price, depending on your group size: select for all your tickets the "small group" price tag if you are booking 1 to 7 tickets, or the "large group" price tag if you are booking 8 to 12 tickets
- When booking, please let us know if any children under the age of 16 will be participating in the tour
Pick-up times may vary depending on the tides; it will be communicated to you after booking
In only an hour your guide will help you to scratch beneath the surface of the northern city to disc...
Follow your guide down Grey Street for a chilling introduction to Newcastle, Necromancers, Explosion...
This informative half-day walking tour explores the history and treasures of Durham. Sitting under t...
Hadrian’s Wall, the UNESCO world heritage site, was the frontier of the Roman Empire. The frontier e...
Hadrian’s Wall is a UNESCO world heritage site and the frontier of the Roman Empire. Join the day-lo...
Ann Cleeves’ brilliant and no-nonsense DCI Vera Stanhope (Actress Brenda Blethyn) in her trademark m...