Take the chance to see one of the most famous cities in the North of England, Durham, on this half-day tour. You'll be given an in-depth introduction to the city and learn how it has grown around the shrine of St. Cuthbert. You'll look around the Grand Romanesque Cathedral and see why its described as the greatest Cathedral in England as your guide tells you all about its history and architecture. Then, you'll check out the Open Treasures where the treasures of the Bishop of Durham have been gathered and curated for you to discover.
Durham City half-day tour
Availability: Monday to Saturday
Printed ticket only
Duration: up to 12 hours
Do this because
- Discover one of the most famous cities in the North of England, Durham
- Learn all about the history and architecture of its Cathedral from your guide
- Check out the treasures of the Bishop of Durham
What to expect
- Guided historical tour
- Entrance to Durham Cathedral and the Open Treasures
- Children (6-15 years old): Reduced
- Teenagers (16-17 years old): Reduced
Durham railway station, Durham DH1 4SE, UK
Please meet your guide at Durham Station which can be found on Station Approach.
What to remember
- Please dress warmly with waterproofs as the weather is always changeable and wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please contact the tour provider about any disabilities your group may have as tours can be customised for wheelchairs and those with vision impairments
- Please note that you'll need to wear a face covering inside buildings
- When booking, please let us know if any children under 6 years of age will be travelling with you
- This tour runs from Monday to Saturday at 9.00am and 1.00pm
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.