Get ready to explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Hadrian's Wall and learn about its fascinating history. On this half-day tour, you'll focus on the fort at the east end of the wall, Segendnum, which will allow you to step into the Roman world thanks to its fantastic reconstructions of the Roman way of life. You'll then go to the Great North Museum in Newcastle which has one of the largest collections of Roman artefacts in the North of Britain. Your guide will interpret these and give you an insight into Roman life at the northern frontier of the Empire. If you love history and want to learn more about the Romans while staying close to the urban area, then this tour is for you!
Hadrian's Wall half-day tour
- Step back in time and see how the Romans lived at Hadrian's Wall
- Visit the Great North Museum in Newcastle and discover fascinating Roman artefacts
- Dive into history with your expert guide
- Tour of Arbeia and Segedunum Roman Forts
- Children (age 6-13)
- Teenager (age 14-17)
3 Neville St, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5DL, UK
Please meet your guide at the Central Station on Neville Street.
- While Segedunum is open throughout the year, Arbiea closes for winter. Between the 30 September and 30 March, you'll visit the Great North Museum Hancock instead, which contains many amazing Roman findings
- The terrain can be steep, uneven and even slippery in places. Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress appropriately
- When booking, please let us know if children under 6 years of age will be travelling with you
- This tour runs from Monday to Saturday at 9.30am and 1.00pm
Enjoy a walking tour of Newcastle and scratch beneath the surface of this beloved city as you discov...
Get ready to discover the dark secrets of Newcastle on this spine-tingling walking tour through the ...
Take the time to soak up Newcastle's rich history and admire its stunning architecture on this two-h...
Take the chance to see one of the most famous cities in the North of England, Durham, on this half-d...
Ann Cleeves’ brilliant and no-nonsense DCI Vera Stanhope (Actress Brenda Blethyn) in her trademark m...
Join your groovy guides on this journey of song and dance through the famous streets of Newcastle. T...