Discover historical Durham, at the centre of which you'll find the UNESCO heritage site of Durham Cathedral; you will be taken through the history of Durham from its Anglo-Saxon routes to its influence during the industrial revolution and the Victorian era, and you will be shown the ways in which the city has been shaped by history. The tour will include information from the Ice Age through to the Northumbrian saints of the Dark and you will learn about the Golden age of the Medieval Bishops of Durham.
Historical Tour of Durham
Availability: From Monday to Saturday
Duration: 2 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Discover historical Durham and visit the medieval city centre
- Learn how history has shaped the city
- Let yourself be taken through the history of Durham from its Anglo-Saxon routes to its influence during the industrial revolution and the Victorian era
What to expect
- Guided tour of historical Durham
- Children (0-15): reduced
Durham Station, in the portico arch of the station.
What to remember
- The terrain on the tour can be uneven and hilly due to Durham’s natural topography
- Dress warmly with waterproofs as the weather is always changeable
- If you are booking tickets for a group of people, please remember to select the correct price: select for all your tickets the "small group" price tag if you are booking 2 to 6 tickets, or the "large group" price tag if you are booking 7 to 16 tickets
- When booking, please let us know if children under 6 years of age will be travelling with you
From Monday to Saturday at 10 am and 2 pm
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the activity begins.