If you want to learn about Newcastle, you have to learn about the past and present of the Quayside and River Tyne. You'll head along the historic Quayside and have the chance to see the city's famous bridges including the Tyne Bridge, Swing Bridge and Millennium Bridge. You'll hear the stories of those who lived and worked on the River Tyne from your guide and really get to know the history of the city. So, join this tour and discover why these bridges are so iconic!
Newcastle’s Quayside walking tour
Availability: Monday to Saturday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 1 hour
Do this because
- Stroll along the historic Quayside and see all of the town's famous bridges
- Hear the stories of those who lived and worked on the River Tyne
- Take in the history of Newcastle and its iconic river
What to expect
- Tour of Newcastle's Quayside
- English-speaking guide
- Children (6-15): Reduced
1-3 Side, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3JE, UK
Please meet your guide at The Redhouse which can be found on the Sandhill.
What to remember
- Please dress warmly with waterproofs as the weather is always changeable and wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please contact the tour provider about any disabilities your group may have as tours can be customised for wheelchairs and those with vision impairments
- Please note that you'll need to wear a face covering inside buildings
- When booking, please let us know if any children under 6 years of age will be travelling with you
- This tour runs from Monday to Saturday
- Please check the calendar to find this tour's departure times
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the activity begins.