Enjoy a walking tour of Newcastle and scratch beneath the surface of this beloved city as you discover its history, culture and much more! Your guide will take you right into the historical heart of Newcastle and tell you how the original settlement developed into the city it is today. Check out St. Nicholas Cathedral, the Black Gate, the Bigg Market, which was one of the city's thriving medieval markets, and much more on this hour long tour. So, get ready to see a whole new side of Newcastle!
Old Newcastle walking tour
Availability: Monday to Saturday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 1 hour
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Dive into the history and culture of this northern city
- See the best of the city in just an hour with a guide
- Explore Newcastle's most famous and loved tourist attractions
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Tour of the city's main attractions
- English-speaking guide
- Children (age 6-17)
The Black Gate, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1, England, GB
Please meet your guide at Newcastle Castle's Black Gate.
What to remember
- Please dress warmly with waterproofs as the weather is always changeable and wear comfortable walking shoes
- When booking, please let us know if any children under 6 years of age will be travelling with you
- Please contact the tour provider about any disabilities your group may have as tours can be customised for wheelchairs and those with vision impairments
- This tour runs from Monday to Saturday with departures from 9.00am to 5.00pm
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the experience begins.