2-hour guided walking tour of Padua with a local
- Visit the ancient public markets at Piazza delle Erbe
- See the vast 13th-century Basilica of St. Anthony
- Discover the city with a local guide
Padua is a city of art with a college atmosphere, it is young, hip and rich in history. You will have the opportunity to discover the most known monuments of the city and to visit one of the most ancient public markets in the world, in the wonderful Piazza delle Erbe.
Begin your tour at the Prato della Valle, a 90,00 square meter elliptical square, also noted as the largest square in Italy. See students and tourists alike relaxing in the large grass filled center, surrounded by a small canal of water and two rings of statues. Continue through the Botanical garden and walk past the Basilica of St. Anthony on Via del Santo. This Basilica, locally called Il Santo, is possibly the most famous monument of Padua reminiscent of Saint Mark’s Basilica in Venice, yet featuring a Romanesque exterior. After visiting the commercial centers in Piazza delle Erbe and Frutta, your tour will end at the Piazza della Signori, to see the towns famous clock tower.
Sites you will see on your tour:
- Prato della Valle
- Botanical Garden
- Basilica of St. Anthony
- Erbe square
- Frutta square
- Signori square
- Specialized tourist assistant
- Short historical and cultural explanations
- Transfer to the meeting point
- Entrance tickets for churches or monuments along the itinerary
- Explanations inside monuments or churches
Piazza delle Erbe, 1, 35122 Padova PD, Italy
Prato della Valle (in front of the central fountain).
- Tour operates with a minimum of 2 participants
- Maximum of 15 people per tour
- Please note that itineraries are approximate (details could change due weather, high water or other external factors)
- No entrance in museums or palaces is included in this tour
- All clients that are minors (less than 18 years of age) must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for the minor for the duration of the tour
- Wednesdays and Thursdays at 11.00am
Take a City Sightseeing tour of Padua and hop on and off the bus at your leisure, at stops convenien...
On this walking tour, explore the picturesque old town of Padua. You will see some of the most famou...
Book this private 2.5-hour tour to discover the best part of Padua: the famous Basilica of Saint Ant...
Book this private 2.5-hour tour to discover the best part of Padua: the famous Church of the Hermits...
Attention, il s'agit d'un billet à échanger nominatif, une pièce d'identité vous sera demandée lors ...
Saturday 27 October - GENAU pres. Freddy K (Key Vinyl - Roman Electronics / It) more info to come .....