Catacombs skip-the-line ticket with audioguide
- Escape the noise and traffic of the city for a day
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
- Save time and see more with skip-the-line access
Get skip-the-line priority access and take advantage of an audio-guided tour. Dive into a world unlike any other, and go at your own pace.
The Catacombs were created in the galleries of the former quarries whose stone was used to build the capital. They a veritable labyrinth beneath the very heart of Paris...
Situated twenty metres below ground, the ossuary contains the remains of millions of Parisians, transferred there gradually between the late 18th and mid19th centuries as graveyards were being closed because of the risk they posed to public health. The first of these was the cimetière des Innocents graveyard in 1786 in what is now the district of Les Halle.
In the long maze of dark galleries and narrow passages, visitors can see a tableau of death with bones arranged in a macabre display of high Romantic taste. The alexandrine verse "Arrête, c'est ici l'empire de la mort" [Halt, this is the realm of Death ] above the entrance to the ossuary is just one of an extensive series of maxims, poems and other sacred and profane passages giving pause for thought during the tour. This unusual site movingly brings the history of the Parisian people back to life and takes visitors on a timeless journey.
- Audio guide
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Multiple entrances
- Children 4+ pay the adult price
Les Catacombes de Paris 1 Avenue du Colonel Henri Rol-Tanguy, 75014 Paris
This is a scheduled time entry ticket. The ticket is valid only for the day and time indicated on your ticket. Ticket can be scanned at the entrance until 1 hour after your scheduled entry time. Beyond this time, access will be denied and no refund will be possible. Metro stop: Denfert-Rochereau (line 4 and 6)
- This is a scheduled time entry ticket. The ticket is valid only for the day and time indicated on your ticket. Beyond this time, access will be denied.
- No refund, no exchange
- Book all your tickets now: visitors with skip-the-line ticket won't pass by the ticket office and won't be able to book additional tickets.
- Children 4+ pay the adult price
- Audioguides available in French, English, German and Spanish
- Distance covered: 1.5 km
- 130 steps to go down and 83 steps back up to street level
- The tour is unsuitable for people with heart or respiratory problems, those of a nervous disposition and young children
- The Catacombs are not accessible for persons with reduced mobility
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult
- Only bags 40x30cm are allowed and they must not be carried on the shoulders
Every day except Monday
Please select in the calendar a date and an entry time available.
Closed on May 1st and 15 August.
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...
The full horror of 20th century industrialised warfare was nowhere more intense that in the Somme in...
Come and join us for a day of remembrance. During the day you will discover this part of the Western...