Exclusive tour of Versailles with Chef Ducasse Gourmet Lunch
- Visit the Royal Opera or the Royal Chapel, closed to general public
- See the Golden Plate where Mozart serenaded the royal family
- See the astonishing Astronomical Clock of Louis XV
- Enjoy a 3-course lunch by chef Alain Ducasse
- Stroll through the Hall of Mirrors and the State Apartments
This VIP guided tour grants access to the hidden side of royal life, visiting not only the stunning Hall of Mirrors and the impressive State Apartments, but also the more intimate luxury of the King’s Private Apartments. These are closed to the general public today, as they were under the old regime, but you’ll have the exclusive opportunity to see the refined decor and human proportion in these rooms where the royals relaxed with their closest friends. Once you’ve enjoyed this complete experience in the palace and the gardens, a final experience is included: a refined gourmet lunch within the palace, at the splendid Ore restaurant managed by famous master chef Alain Ducasse.
Your certified local guide will meet you in downtown Paris and accompany you to the royal city of Versailles by regional train. This in-depth, privileged visit guarantees not only skip-the-line access to the popular general visit, but also special entrance to the private apartments where group volume and frequency is carefully limited.
The kings and queens at Versailles felt compelled to enact most of their daily routines in the public eye, to monopolize the courtiers’ attention. In the busy State Apartments, you’ll hear about the complex sequence of dressing, eating, and bedroom ceremonies that the kings performed before hundreds of spectators. But you’ll also gain entry to the hidden rooms, behind the scenes, where palace residents could occasionally escape onlookers during the day for a bit of privacy, or even at night for a more comfortable bed! These smaller rooms are more intimate but also more refined, and they contain much of the original furniture of the Palace of Versailles that would not be properly protected in the more crowded salons.
You’ll pass through the famous room of the Golden Plate, where Mozart serenaded the royal family in 1763. The Astronomical Clock of Louis XV will astonish you as well; far more than a timepiece, it illustrates the daily position of the moon and the planets, and if regularly wound it will show the correct day and date for thousands of years to come! This deluxe tour will also feature either the Royal Opera or the Royal Chapel, both venues that featured prominently in Marie Antoinette’s wedding festivities in 1770. Thanks to the entertaining commentary by your expert guide, you’ll feel like you were there.
Your tour also includes a stroll through the famous gardens of Versailles, the setting for promenades, performances and pyrotechnics. Designed under the enthusiastic supervision of the Sun King himself, these gardens receive yearly restorations and remain as impressive as ever. On certain days, the fountains are active and the whole domain is set to music.
At the end of your visit, you’ll enjoy a delicious meal in an exclusive and refined setting. The brand new Ore restaurant, opened in 2016 in the 18th century royal apartments, features fine French cuisine by award-winning chef Alain Ducasse. Ducasse is known for his inventive cooking using fresh, local products to assemble classic and modern dishes. Your memorable Versailles experience will conclude in style with beautiful views and fine French flavors.
- Return transportation from central Paris to Versailles by RER train
- All entrance tickets and reservations to the Palace of Versailles
- VIP access to the Private Apartments of the Kings
- 3 course lunch with wine
- Expert, English speaking guides
- Headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Personal expenses
- Youth (11-17 years): reduced
- Children (4-10 years): reduced
- Infants (0-3 years): free
1 rue de la Convention, 75015 Paris
Meet us 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the tour at the metro entrance/exit for Javel André Citroen, opposite the Café Regalia. There are 2 metro exits, please take the one which has stairs. At street level you will exit opposite the café Regalia. Your guide will be waiting for you just by the metro exit.
- Increased security measures may affect lines as we can't avoid them. However due to our Skip the Line privilege, we do have access to shortcuts to the security check.
- Both the Castle and Restaurant are accessible to wheelchairs. Note however that a very small part of the courtyard is paved with ancient cobbledstones that may be uneasy to go on with a wheelchair. Also, circulating in the gardens is not optimized for people with disabilities
- Due to ongoing restoration works in the Palace, some rooms may not be available to visit. Should this happen, our guides will replace these rooms with others so your experience is complete.
- Le Menu des Courtisans is a 3-course meal including beverages (one glass of red or white wine*, also mineral water and coffee) and as it says in the name the quality of its food will make you feel you are one of Louis courtiers. This menu is set according to the seasons and changes in order to offer you a different experience each time you come. Menu is served with CÔTES DU RHÔNE Château Saint-Roch 2016 or CÔTES DU RHÔNE Les Portes du Castelas - Grandes Serres 2015
- Should you have any specific dietary requirements, please add the information on booking. To make sure we meet all your specific needs, specifically in case of allergies or a vegan diet, the restaurant will need this information 7 days prior to the tour.
- From June 1 to September 30
On Saturdays at 8.15am
MAHLER - TITANS Mahler ne rêvait que de symphonie et se référa au roman Titan de Jean Paul, l’une de...
STRAVINSKY, PETROUCHKA Le tournant du XIXe et du XXe siècle fut, en musique, une manière d’âge d’or....
MESSIAEN, TURANGALILA « Chanson d'amour, hymne de joie, mouvement, rythme, vie et mort », tels sont ...
GARMONBOZIA présente : BRAINSTORM "Midnight Ghost TOUR" + guest
C'est en écoutant les « Ethiopiques » (Francis Falceto, Buda Musique) que les 5 "férenj" d'Akalé Wub...
VINCENT TORTILLER batterie invite : Max Dormon basse, Romain Roussouliere guitare, Auxane Cartigny p...