Guided tour of Notre Dame and Towers, Sainte Chapelle and Marie Antoinette's prison cell
- Enjoy the most complete Île de la Cité tour available
- See the site of Notre Dame which still stands proud after the recent fire.
- Enjoy the city's most beautiful chapel, Sainte Chapelle, when it is nearly empty and marvel at some of the world's most impressive stained glass.
- Visit La Conciergerie, the tribunal and jails of Paris during the French Revolution. Here you'll see the cell where Marie Antoinette was held before being guillotined.
- Soak up the company of an expert local guide whose stories, lore, and facts, will bring the historic of neighborhood of Île de la Cité to life.
This is an in-depth exploration of the histories, myths, legends, and lore hidden behind the stones of Paris’ most interesting neighborhood. From the gothic splendor of the bell towers of Notre Dame that inspired Victor Hugo to create his hunchback bell-ringer, to the darkest cells in the Conciergerie where condemned dissidents awaited death during the Revolutionary Reign of Terror, the Île de la Cité has witnessed the best and the worst of Parisian history and you’ll hear all the stories that make it such a special place.
Your day starts in front of the fountain at Place Saint-Michel, from there your guide will take you back in time hundreds of years, to when the mighty cathedral at Notre Dame (the distance from which all points in France are measured) was first built and Paris looked very different than it does today. Your guide will bring you as close as the ongoing restoration will permit to give you the best views possible. You'll cross the river into the historic Latin Quarter. Strolling down meandering, cobbled, streets you'll hear the stories and learn of the characters - poets, philosophers, artists - that made Paris the City of Light.
Next you’ll head to the city’s most beautiful chapel - Sainte Chapelle. Sainte Chapelle is going to blow you away. This royal chapel was originally built to house relics and today it’s still one of the most jaw-dropping rooms in Paris. It’s also one of the city’s most popular attractions. Luckily, you have skip the line tickets and early entrance so you’ll enjoy the chapel when it is nearly empty.
After a short walk, you’ll stop in the Conciergerie, a lovely building with a dark past that was used host the tribunals of the French Revolution and to imprison political prisoners awaiting their date with the guillotine. The building was recently renovated, including the cell where Marie Antoinette spent the last days before her execution, under heavy guard and in very difficult conditions. You’ll also see a second cell where she was briefly kept, now converted into a tiny chapel.
The guided part of your tour ends here but your guide will leave you with a special treat: - a river cruise along the Seine where you can experience and view Paris and it’s many magnificent buildings from a new vantage point. The cruise will last 1 hour and has also a live guide on board.
- Notre Dame (outside)
- Sainte Chapelle
- La Conciergerie
- Skip the line tickets to Sainte Chapelle
- Skip the line tickets to La Conciergerie
- Flexible Seine River Cruise Tickets
- Expert local tour guide
- Small groups of max 15 people
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Guided Visit of Notre Dame
- Infants (ages 0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (ages 4-12)
Parvis Notre-Dame - Pl. Jean-Paul II, 75004 Paris
PLACE SAINT MICHEL, in front of the fountain. Coming from Ile de la Cite, cross the bridge Pont Saint-Michel adn you will see the fountain at the corner of Place Saint-Michel and Boulevard Saint Michel.
- The upper floor at Sainte Chapelle are not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is not recommended for people with heart problems, claustrophobia, or other medical conditions
- Tour in English only
Meeting Time: 8.00am
Departure Time: 8.15am
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...
Come and join us for a day of remembrance. During the day you will discover this part of the Western...