- Enjoy the most complete Île de la Cité tour available
- Get on top of Notre Dame hunchback's bell tower, great panorama
- Skip the line at the Sainte Chapelle and see its impressive stained glass
- Visit La Conciergerie, the tribunal and jails of Paris during the French Revolution
- Stories and facts bringing to life the historic of the neighborhood of Île de la Cité
This is an in-depth exploration of the histories, myths, legends, and lore hidden behind the stones of Paris’ most interesting neighborhood. From the gothic splendor of the bell towers of Notre Dame that inspired Victor Hugo to create his hunchback bell-ringer, to the darkest cells in the Conciergerie where condemned dissidents awaited death during the Revolutionary Reign of Terror, the Île de la Cité has witnessed the best and the worst of Parisian history and you’ll hear all the stories that make it such a special place.
Your tour begins at Notre Dame where you’ll meet your expert guide and an intimate group of 15 people or fewer. Inside, you’ll marvel at the famous Rose Window, admire the stunning arches of the cathedral’s gothic architecture and learn how Victor Hugo and his Hunchback of Notre Dame actually saved this beautiful building from demolition.
Next you’ll head to the city’s most beautiful chapel - Sainte Chapelle. If you thought Notre Dame’s Rose Window was beautiful, Sainte Chapelle is going to blow you away. This royal chapel was originally built to house relics and today it’s still one of the most jaw-dropping rooms in Paris. It’s also one of the city’s most popular attractions. Luckily, you have skip the line tickets and early entrance so you’ll enjoy the chapel when it is nearly empty.
After a short walk, you’ll stop in the Conciergerie, a lovely building with a dark past that was used host the tribunals of the French Revolution and to imprison political prisoners awaiting their date with the guillotine. The building was recently renovated, including the cell where Marie Antoinette spent the last days before her execution, under heavy guard and in very difficult conditions. You’ll also see a second cell where she was briefly kept, now converted into a tiny chapel.
As your tour is ending at Concergerie, your guide will provide further information how to get back to Notre Dame to redeem your flexible skip the line tickets to the Towers. You will past the long lines and go straight inside to get up close to the famous gargoyles and inside the bell tower to see where Victor Hugo’s hunchback lived. This ticket has access to the highest point of the cathedral too, with 360 degree vantage point, for our favourite views of the city. After all, when you climb the Eiffel Tower, you can’t see the Eiffel Tower. From Notre Dame you have the whole city at your feet.
- Notre Dame
- Sainte Chapelle
- La Conciergerie
- Notre Dame Towers
- Skip the line tickets to Sainte Chapelle
- Skip the line tickets to La Conciergerie
- Visit of Notre Dame Cathedral
- Skip the line tickets to climb the towers of Notre Dame (flexible entry time tickets)
- Expert local tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (ages 0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (ages 4-18)
Parvis Notre-Dame - Pl. Jean-Paul II, 75004 Paris
Present your voucher to your guide 15 minutes before the tour starts. The guide will wait for you in front of the the Charlemagne Statue in the Notre Dame Cathedral's square, on the right side of the Cathedral when facing the front facade. Your guide will be holding a WALKS sign.
- Notre Dame Towers and the upper floor at Sainte Chapelle are not wheelchair accessible
- As with all museums, some galleries of the Ile de la Cité monuments may be closed without prior notice, or select pieces may be removed for restoration or loan. In this case, your guide will make an appropriate substition.
- There are 422 steps to the top of the south tower of Notre Dame with no elevator access
- This tour is not recommended for people with heart problems, claustrophobia, or other medical conditions
- Tour in English only
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
Meeting Time: 8.00am
Departure Time: 8.15am
Join this skip-the-line tour of Notre Dame cathedral, its towers and the Ile de la Cite while you ar...
With so much to see in Paris, this tour gathers some of the best perspectives on the city for a real...
Below the streets of Paris lurks an entire secret history of the city’s dead. On this unique storyte...
Live in your own magical fairy tale for an entire day: visit Disney and create your own happily-ever...
The Musée du Louvre displays 35,000 works of art over 60,600 square meters and welcomes almost ten m...
Ride the streets of Paris and pass through the most iconic spots of the city. In three hours, you'll...
What comes to mind when you think of Paris? For sure you will say that Paris is the city of love and...
In 1860, the French village of Montmartre was annexed and attached to the city of Paris and in 1873 ...
Join us on this educational, cultural and fun tour through the beauty of Montmartre. Walk at a leisu...
Cultival offers you an exploratory trip around Rungis Market (starting at 4.00 am from Denfert-Roche...