Priority entrance tickets for the Conciergerie
- Book today and use your ticket whenever you want
- Enjoy direct access to the monument
- Visit the prison where Marie-Antoinette was imprisoned
- Discover a symbol of the French Revolution
The Conciergerie,is a former prison in Paris, France, located on the Île de la Cité . It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle.
The Kings of France abandoned the palace at the end of the 14th century to settle in the Louvre and in Vincennes. It then took on a judicial role, and part of the palace was converted into prison cells. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed on the guillotine at a number of locations around Paris. Its most famous prisoner was Marie-Antoinette and during the Restoration, a commemorative chapel was erected on the site of her cell.
From Royal Residence to Revolutionary prison, this splendid Gothic palace is now mostly used for law courts.
- Entrance ticket
The entrance is free for:
- Children under 18 (except school group)
- EU citizens (18-25)
- Disabled people
- Unemployed people (proof required)
1 Quai de l'Horloge, 75001 Paris, France
Present your ticket at the entrance of La Conciergerie located on Boulevard du Palais. Nearest metro stop: Cité (line 4).
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing
- The ticket is not dated and use it whenever you want
- The ticket gives access to an unguided tour of the monument
- The Centre des monuments nationaux is strictly applying the security measures decided by the french authorities
- Luggages and big items exceeding 55cm*35cm*20cm will not be accepted
- Open every day
9.30am - 6.00pm
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
From its beginnings as a medieval village to the capital of Napoleon's empire, from the beheadings o...
Live in your own magical fairy tale for an entire day: visit Disney and create your own happily-ever...
Enjoy an audio tour of Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral and the surrounding Latin quarter. You can make...
Discover the magic of the banks of the Seine and the most prestigious monuments of Paris.Get on boar...
Arrive at Notre Dame Cathedral early in the morning, and your host will welcome you with an introduc...
Get on board of a 1-hour commented cruise on the river Seine and discover the most iconic monuments ...
The best way to feel the essence of Paris is by strolling around with a local who tailors the experi...
Et si l’histoire de la Butte-aux-Cailles se lisait sur ses murs? Découvrez les secrets d’un des quar...
The Palace of Versailles, a UNESCO World Heritage site, was the residence of French Kings Louis XIV,...