Tour of Versailles Palace and Musical Gardens show
- Experience a skip-the-line guided tour of the Palace and Gardens of Versailles
- Discover the reckless extravagance of the French monarchy with your English guide
- Choose between two wonderful shows: the Versailles fountain or the Musical gardens shows
There is a certain magic that fizzes through the air in the Palace and Gardens of Versailles. Hidden away from the modern world, this majestic European castle on the outskirts of Paris is a perfectly preserved example of the reckless extravagance of the French monarchy. This is Paris life at its most luxurious and just as you imagined it with gold brushed furniture, quilted four-poster beds and lush rolling lawns that stretch as far as the eye can see.
You’ll meet your guide in Versailles where they’ll begin a tour of the Gardens and Palace of Versailles. With a maximum of 25 people per group, your tour of Versailles will be intimate, unhurried and enjoyable. We'll skip-the-line via pre-booked entrance to Versailles and your guide will lead you from one marvelous room to the next, pointing out where Louis XIV tormented his friends and family with long, boring ceremonies and where it was that Marie Antoinette ate her cake.
Marvel at the sheer size of the Palace of Versailles, one of the largest and most beautiful castles in the world with a whopping 700 rooms. Peruse its incredible array of fine art and the intricate design of its 1250 fireplaces as you work your way through the highlights of the castle including the King and Queen’s apartments, the Chapel, the Coronation Room, the Hall of Mirrors and the Salon of Abundance – how many residences can boast one of those? This list of rooms your guide will show you goes on and on, each one an entirely different and unique experience from the Peace Room to the Queen’s bedchamber. And just when you think that you have seen all that the Palace of Versailles has to offer, you’ll burst into the sunlight and encounter its dazzling manicured gardens, over 1,800 acres in size.
The Versailles fountain show is a wonderful musical event held in the exclusive groves, designed by André Le Nôtre, where the fountains explode to the sounds of a cello. Take some more time to experience the gardens on your own, wandering their beautiful groves and lawns. At the end of your tour, you’ll have time to reflect on a day of pure indulgence and to slowly drag yourself back through the centuries, to modern-day Paris.
- Entrance tickets and reservation fee for the Château de Versailles
- Small groups of 25 people or fewer
- Expert, English tour guide
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (4-14 years old): reduced
- Infant (0-3 years old): free
Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles
Meet your guide 15 minutes before departure time by the statue of Louis XIV (the bronze horseman statue in the Place d'Armes, the square in front of the palace). Take the RER C to Versailles Château Rive Gauche. On exiting the station follow the signs for the Palace of the Versailles. The statue is directly in front of the Palace.
- This service ends at the Palace of Versailles
- We may experience delays in entering the venue due to extra security checks
- Avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Not accessible to guests with wheelchairs, strollers or baby carriages
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour (no flash inside the Palace).
- Musical Gardens and Fountain show may be subject to last minute schedule changes that are not under our control
Guided tour with no show option:
01/01/2019 – 31/03/2019
Saturday at 10.30am (Meeting time at 10.15am)
01/04/2019 – 31/10/2019
Thursday at 10.30 am & 2.30pm (Meeting time at 10.15 am & 2.15pm)
Guided tour + musical gardens option:
01/04/2019 - 31/10/2019
Tuesday at 10.30am (Meeting time at 10.15am)
Tuesday at 2.30pm (Meeting time at 2.15pm)
Guided tour + fountain show option:
01/04/2019 - 31/10/2019
Saturday & Sunday at 9.30am (Meeting time at 9.15am)
OR Saturday & Sunday at 01.45pm (Meeting time at 01.15pm)
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
If you want to experience a moment of eternity, between sky and sea, visit the beautiful Mont Saint-...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...