- Enter through usually forbidden doors and peek into secret rooms
- Travel by train with your host from Paris to Versailles
- Exclusive access to the private quarters of Marie Antoinette
- No more than 19 people in your VIP group
On this full-day excursion from Paris, you will follow the lives and destinies of the French Royal family, most particularly Marie Antoinette, as you learn about regal life at the Court of Versailles under Louis XIV, XV and XVI. See the magnificent staterooms where the kings and queens held court, including the spectacular Hall of Mirrors. Then step behind the scenes with exclusive access to rarely seen areas including the homes of influential mistresses, royal children, ambitious nobles and jealous courtiers. You will have an experience available to only a select few, visiting the secret rooms of Versailles are where the pages of history were actually written. Your expert guide will lead you through some of the 2,300 rooms of Versailles, on a route specially designed to bring this history to life, through doors that remain locked to everyone else and will be opened only for you!
Learn about Marie Antoinette and how she eventually fled this public life, retreating to the Petit Trianon and her Hamlet on the palace grounds where she lived a simple country existence, in stark contrast to the intrigues and constraints of the court. Explore these tranquil gardens appreciating the beauty of her private paradise, a world away from the crowds at the palace.
See the Versailles most visitors don’t see with this full-day exploration of the empty halls and hidden passages once used by queen Marie Antoinette. Your guide will tell your small group the stories and scandals of the royal lifestyle as you experience the incredible opulence.
Enjoy free time for lunch and the opportunity to see Versailles’s magnificent gardens with your guide.
- Guided visit inside the palace of Versailles
- Guided visit to the gardens of Versailles
- Guided visit inside the Petit Trianon
- Guided visit to Marie Antoinette's hamlet
- Escorted train travel to and from central Paris
- Small groups of 19 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (ages 4-14); Reduced
- Infants (ages 0-3): Free
Meet outside the Metro stop Invalides on the rue de l'Université. Your guide will be standing in front of the metro exit with a sign.
- This service ends at Versailles around 5.00pm
- Gratuities to guides providing excellent service are appreciated but never obligatory
- Our tour operators will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets at the meeting point for easy recognition
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs. Comfortable shoes are recommended
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
- We are also unable to accommodate pushchairs/strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour (non-flash inside the palace)
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
- Express access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours
- Please note that many sections of the palace are not air-conditioned
- Disclaimer: we will do everything within our power to ensure timings and itineraries are respected; however, due to issues beyond our control, timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions.
- Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Meeting Time: 08:30
Departure Time: 08:45
Découvrez certains des secrets les mieux gardés de Versailles avec cette visite guidée de quatre heu...
Ce tour vous permet de découvrir l’essentiel de Paris et de visiter la fabuleux Châteaux de Versaill...
Le Louvre c'est 35.000 oeuvres d'art exposées sur 60 600 m2 et dix millions de visiteurs par an. Gra...
Vivez dans votre propre conte de fée pendant une journée complète: visitez Disney et créez votre jou...
Loin du cliché, la capitale de l'amour, de l'art et de la mode cache une bien plus sombre histoire.....
Visitez Paris sous tous les angles! Depuis la route, la Seine ou les airs, découvrez la ville, son h...
Une occasion unique de découvrir Paris et ses attractions populaires en une journée avec un accès co...
Visite en bus avec montée et descente à volonté :Découvrez Paris en toute liberté dans un bus touris...
Découvrez le monde de Claude Monet en visitant sa maison et ses jardins à Giverny, à quelques heures...
Découvrez le meilleur de Paris à vélo, un moyen rapide, amusant et sur de parcourir les kilomètres q...