Versailles Palace and Gardens tour for families from Paris
The Palace of Versailles is a must-see for tourists to Paris, but all too often the long lines, huge crowds, and large tour groups can dull the imagination of its youngest visitors. Ensure the wonder isn’t lost on your young travelers with this specially crafted family tour that expertly navigates all the logistics while bringing this fascinating palace to life.
Your day of being treated like royalty begins in central Paris where your carriage – a fully air conditioned coach – waits to bring you and your small group of 20 people or fewer to Versailles. Princes and princesses shouldn’t have to wait in line, and your group will enjoy Skip the Line access to the Palace, bypassing the long queues snaking around the courtyard. On entry, your expert guide will begin to weave the fascinating history of Versailles into a fantastic story sure to spark the imagination of your little tourists. Watch as they are enthralled by tales of mock naval battles on the Grand Canal, incredible fireworks exploding over the Palace, and bizarre Royal rituals which included rising and being dressed in front of a public audience.
Life in the Palace is brought alive as your guide skilfully combines their commentary with activity materials exclusively designed for this tour, ensuring that children have a fully immersive Royal experience. However, parents will also benefit from the tour as your guide is a fully licensed guiding professional, expertly versed in all aspects of Versailles and ready to answer any questions you may have.
Your guided visit covers all of the most famous of Versailles’ 2,300 rooms – the iconic Hall of Mirrors, the lavish State Apartments, as well as the manicured gardens. Your tour will take you and your small explorers on a journey from the pinnacle of royal power to its tragic demise at the hands of the French Revolution. Your adventure comes to an end in the gardens, where your guide will lead you through the story of the ornate fountains and lush greenery, before leaving you to enjoy a leisurely stroll by yourself – as the Royals once did – before you return to your coach and present-day Paris.
Join City Wonders on this dedication family visit of Versailles and let your children’s imagination soar as they become King and Queen for a day.
- Guided visit of the Palace and gardens of Versailles
- Round trip transfers in an air-conditioned coach
- All entrance tickets and reservation fees
- Skip the line access to the Palace
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 20 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (0-1): free
- Children (2-14): reduced
Palais de Chaillot 1 Place du Trocadéro et du 11 Novembre, 75016 Paris
Meet your guide 15 minutes before departure in front of the main entrance to the Architecture Museum, metro Trocadéro (lines 6 or 9)
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues.
- Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- We are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
- We are unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
Saturday and Sunday
Departure Time: 1.00pm
This tour has been carefully planned so you get in-depth perspective into both must-see sides of Ver...
Live in your own magical fairy tale for an entire day: visit Disney and create your own happily-ever...
With so much to see in Paris, this tour gathers some of the best perspectives on the city for a real...
Get faster entry to the tower by avoiding the long elevator lines. Climb the stairs up the Eiffel To...
Paris by night is even more evocative and romantic: an unmissable magical play of light and shadow. ...
Below the streets of Paris lurks an entire secret history of the city’s dead. On this unique storyte...
Experience the magical atmosphere of the City of Lights. See the beauty of the Eiffel Tower at night...
Unlike other tours, this one begins at Trocadero Plaza with fantastic views of the tower. Your guide...
Sortez des sentiers battus avec cette visite guidée du Champ-de-Mars et redécouvrez l’un des quartie...
The best way to feel the essence of Paris is by strolling around with a local who tailors the experi...