The Lowlands of Parma: Parmigiano Reggiano, Culatello di Zibello, Pig Farm and Shopping
- Discover an off the beaten path "paradise" for foodies with the best cured meat in Italy: Culatello di Zibello
- Enjoy a visit made directly by the producers
- Taste multiple typical products for lunch
- Visit a Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese dairy
- Spend free time for discounted shopping at Fidenza Village with special dedicated services
- Discover the Museum of Culatello and the open air path "Po Forest"
09:15 am Departure from Parma towards the « Lowlands ».
09:45 am Meeting on site with a local host and visit to an authentic cheese dairy of Parmigiano-Reggiano of the “Low Lands” of Parma.
We have selected a historical producer that started the activity back in the middle of the 19th Century, one of the few of the Consortium that has the full production cycle: grass – cows – milk – cheese. The farm where the dairy is located now is from the 18th century and hosts fields, cows and racing horses as well.
Discover how "the King of all cheeses" is made in the same way since centuries ago like the Monks who invented it... You'll see first hand the "making of" it, the salt pools and the "wheel cathedrals", real walls of cheese up to 20.000 in the same place!..
11:15 am: visit a unique farm in Italy where you’ll be able to admire local fruit and vegetable cultivations, local black pigs, many other farm animals and the vineyard where local wines are made, to learn how the real « farm to table » concept works...
To follow: welcoming to Antica Corte Pallavicina, a medieval court where you’ll admire the new Museum of Culatello di Zibello, to learn the history and making of this amazing product with instructive audio guides and the ageing cellars dating back to the XII century, where the “king of the cured meats” Culatello di Zibello rests for years… People like Prince Charles of England and Prince Alberto of Monaco have discovered this “hidden secret” and fell in love with it...
The prosecution of the museum will be open-air, along a new fascinating path called « Po Forest » where it will be possible to see, between other points of interest, the free range local black pigs…
Tasting session/lunch at the end of the visit with a large selection of the production of the farm including : Culatello di Zibello, Salame Gentile, Strolghino di Culatello, lard and Cotto Spigaroli (cooked ham), Giardiniera (pickled vegetables), homemade focaccia, paired with 2 different wines: dry Lambrusco and Fortana del Taro.
02:00 pm Transfer to Fidenza Village for 1 hour of free time for some great shopping at discounted prices with special extra services just for you;
03 :15 pm Departure from Fidenza back to Parma and end of the experience (estimated arrival at 03.45 approx).
- Private transportation by minivan with english speaking driver
- Multiple typical products tasting
- Guided visit to Parmigiano Reggiano dairy
- Visit to medieval ageing cellars of Culatello di Zibello with tasting
- Visit of Museum of Culatello and Po Forest with audioguide
- VIP Card at Fidenza Village for an additional 10% discount, hands-free shopping, € 5,00 voucher to use in one of the restaurants inside the village, welcoming with coffee & tea at the concierge
- Special “Food Valley” gift
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food and drinks not mentioned
- Child (4-10): reduced 50%
- Infant (0-3): free of charge
Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 1, Parma, PR, Italia
In front of the Tourist Office of Parma
- Wednesdays and Fridays
- The tour does not run: 25th april – 1st may – 2nd june – 15th august - 1st november
- Departure: 09:15 am
Parmigiano-Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma, Culatello di Zibello, Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale, just t...
Busseto is a nice village, famous all over the world because Giuseppe Verdi was born in Roncole di B...
Always surrounded by an aura of charm and mystery, the labyrinth is an architectural element that ev...
Discover the delicacies of Parma directly from their producers! It is your chance to visit a Parmigi...
You’ve just walked past all the people waiting in line. Welcome to one of the world’s most celebrate...
Visit the beautiful region of Chianti with us and immerse yourselves in the picturesque Tuscan scene...
A forgotten story ties Leonardo da Vinci to the city of Milan: the story of a vineyard. In 1498, Lud...
Piazza del Duomo in Florence is an extraordinary open-air museum, full of chests holding incredible ...
Situata sulle colline a sud ovest di Parma, Tabiano è nota principalmente per le sue sorgenti termal...
During this 2.5-hour private tour your expert guide will take you through the most important and int...