- Guided visit to the Abbey of Saint Peter
- Experience hemp weaving on a traditional loom
- Taste local products from Umbria
The Tunic of Faroaldo II tour is a story aimed at adults, lovers of Umbria and travelers equipped with their own car. Join this tour if you have an interest in Langobard history, wish to rediscover ancient weaving traditions and are curious to test your abilities on the original Langobard loom and learn the ancient processing of hemp.
Veronica, a scholar of Medieval Art at the University of Perugia, will introduce you to the origins of the Abbey of Saint Peter, a famous Lombard abbey in Umbria, which conserves the breathtakingly beautiful Bear Plate, Lastra di Orso, and the most important pre-Giotto frescoes cycle in Umbria. After the touring the Abbey you will travel (with your own transportation) to Sant’ Anatolia di Narco, a picturesque Umbrian village, famous for Canapine (hemp fields). In this village you will visit the Museo della Canapa (Hemp Museum), which shows the hemp making process, in use from early Middle ages onwards. Here you will hear the story of Faroaldo II, narrated by local people, and discover the experimentation that lead to the creation of hemp processing. Later you will have the opportunity to weave on an ancient loom before ending your tour with a tasting of local products from the region.
- An expert guide on the territory and local traditions
- Entrance to the museum (visit and demonstration)
- Tasting of local products at a typical restaurant
- Certificates on Weaving techniques acquisition
- Everything that is not clearly included
- The weaving kit to be bought at the museum is not included in the price
- Infant (0-2) free
Piazza S. Pietro, 1, 06081 Assisi PG, Italy
Abbey of San Pietro in Valle.
- You will move between destinations by car (responsibility of the client) and on foot. It is essential to have your own car
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Sundays at 9.00am
The Winery and Farm Antonelli San Marco is one of the most ancient in Montefalco, it's an estate whi...
Treat yourself to some of Italy’s finest wine and food at the family-run winery and farm of Antonell...
Perugia is the capital of Umbria and one of the local hill towns, a city full of charm and history. ...
Discover more than 2,500 years of Italian history on a private, 3-hour walking tour of Orvieto. Admi...
If you're spending your holidays in Assisi, Umbria, or even just passing through, do not miss our co...
With your guide, you will walk along Perugia's city walls dating from the Etruscan Age, get lost in ...