Assisi private last minute tour with a local guide
- See the world-famous Basilica of St. Francis dating back to the XIII century
- Marvel at the beautiful medieval Piazza del Comune with the Temple of Minerva
- Spot the New Church and the Oratory of St. Francis Piccolino, where - as the legend says - the Saint was born
- Walk to Piazza S. Chiara, overlooked by the Basilica of St. Clare
A "must do" when you visit Assisi is seeing the beautiful Basilica of St. Francis, built in the XIII century and characterised by two different and complementary parts, the Lower Church and the Upper Church. Once you are inside, try to spot the wonderful frescoes by various artists including Simone Martini, Giotto and his school!
Follow your guide through via San Francesco to reach the medieval Piazza del Comune, where you can see the Temple of Minerva dating back to the first century B.C., a true jewel of the ancient art.
The tour continues towards the New Church, built in 600 on the birthplace of S. Francis. Walk around the church to get to the Oratory of St. Francis Piccolino, inside which (according to legend) the Saint was born.
Walking along Corso Mazzini, you will then arrive in Piazza S. Chiara, overlooked by the Basilica of St. Clare. Inside it, you will admire the remains of the Saint and the beautiful wooden crucifix which, according to legend, spoke to S. Francis.
- private tour
- expert tour guide
- Entrance to the Basilica of St. Francis (you can buy the ticket once there for €2 per person)
- Entrance to other museums, churches and palaces (if you want to visit anything else, please ask your guide and you can buy your ticket on the spot)
Piazza Inferiore di San Francesco, Assisi (Perugia)
Meet your guide at the main entrance of the Rivista San Francesco Assisi.
- Please note that this is a walking tour only
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee (in case you decide to visit some of them, you can buy your ticket on the spot)
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes during the tour
- Please cover up your shoulders inside the Basilica
- Please note that the access to the Basilica might be subject to last minute changes depending on religious events/celebrations
- every day except from Sunday
- starting times: 8 am, 9 am, 10 am, 2 pm, 3 pm and 4 pm
Treat yourself to some of Italy’s finest wine and food at the family-run winery and farm of Antonell...
Visit the Spoleto Cathedral monumental complex: the cathedral, the bell tower, the Diocesan Museum, ...
On this 2.5-hour private tour you'll walk through the picturesque city of Perugia with a dedicated g...
An involving experience for your children who will enjoy cooking some typical Italian dishes, while ...
Amazing organic food tasting in a local farm located near Todi. Share a glimpse of life in a family ...
Guided Bike tour from Passignano sul Trasimeno to Tuoro. Passignano is a town situated around Trasim...