Organic wine tasting from native Tuscan grape varieties in San Miniato
- Visit a family-owned organic winery
- Taste wine made from native Tuscan grape varieties
- Combine with a typical cheese and salami platter
- Admire the fantastic landscape of San Miniato
Everything was born in the year 2003, when the owners were looking for a house in the countryside in the San Miniato hills. Almost by chance one day, they passed a farm with the sign “FOR SALE,” and from that moment on it was love at first sight; the venture into the world of wine had begun. They decided to call the winery “Agrisole” from the combination of the words “agricoltura” (agriculture) and “sole” (sun), two fundamental things for anyone working with vineyards. Years went by and the property that at the beginning was only 4 hectares was extended to 10 hectares. All the sacrifices and hours after hours of hard work to keep cultivating and making their wines more and more unique for every year. From the year 2011, a new project, the option of cultivating and making use of only native Tuscan grape varieties, was adopted to try to make even more unique wines that find their best expression in the San Miniato hills. In the year 2016, an important discovery was made on old historical maps of the farm's ancient name “Podere Pellicciano,” and from here onwards the plan is to continue using this name and to bring it back on all the labels.
The Caputo family is also known for their warm welcome of anyone who comes to visit; because for them a guest is a friend. Just after a few minutes the relationship becomes very easygoing, making people feel at ease and welcome, almost more as family members than as guests, creating impressions and memories that will remain throughout life.
The tasting includes the following wines:
- Mafefa Bianco 2016: Vermentino, Malvasia Bianca, and Grechetto
- Trebbiano 2015: 100% Trebbiano Toscano
- Mafefa Rosato 2016: 100% Canaiolo
- Sanminiatello Chianti DOCG 2015: Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Colorino
- Mafefa Rosso 2013: Sangiovese, Malvasia Nera, Colorino
- Malvasia Nera 2014: 100% Malvasia Nera
- Sangiovese 2013: 100% Sangiovese
- Colorino 2013: 100% Colorino
- Griso Vinsanto DOC S. Torpe' 2009 Trebbiano Sangiovese
It is also possible to choose the option with the combination of a typical cheese and salami platter with compotes of fruit, bread, and Tuscan olive oil
- Guided tour of the vineyards and wine cellar
- Wine tasting
- Transportation (on request)
- Free for children up to 12 years
- From 12 to 17 years: reduced (only platter tasting)
Agriturismo Agrisole, Località La Serra, San Miniato PI
- Mininum 2 participants for both options
2 options to choose from
- Only wine tasting
- Wine tasting plus platter
- At 10.00 am
- At 2.00 pm
- At 12.00 pm (noon)
- At 4.00 pm
- At 6.00 pm
Leave Florence behind and head to Pisa, the beautiful city known worldwide for its Leaning Tower and...
Departs in the morning from Pisa to discover Florence. Have free time to visit Florence on your own....
Departs in the morning from Pisa with our shuttle service. Once in Florence meet the tour leader and...
The Savini family has always been involved in the truffle business in Tuscany, a passion that has be...
Enjoy a 2 hour guided walking tour of the city of Pisa and then climb the Leaning Tower with guarant...
Book this 2.5-hour private tour to discover one of the most beautiful places in Tuscany, the mysteri...