Full-day tour of Marie-Galante
- Visit one of the distilleries where the rum is made
- Taste rums at Distillerie Poisson (Père Labat)
- Stroll or relax on one of the postcard beaches
- Stop at the Bezard, a 1800s windmill still working
- Ferry ticket included in the price
You'll meet your guide in the early morning at the Bergevin Port in Pointe-à-Pitre to reach Marie-Galante (45-min drive) and start your tour of the “Hundred Mills Island”.
You'll visit one of the distilleries where the famous rum is made. The thing that really sets the fine rums of Marie-Galante apart from the rest is that they’re bottled at 59% alcohol by volume, compared to the 40-50% of most other rums. You can stop in at the Distillerie Poisson (Père Labat), or Bielle distillerie to see how the best estate-bottled rum is made.
The wind was once upon a time a power source for the grinding of the sugar cane, that’s why there were hundreds of stone windmills on the flat, breezy grande galette. Today, the countryside is still dotted with these sturdy structures, and the one to stop at is Bezard, a rarity that was fitted out with some iron parts in the late 1800s and is still working.
A few kilometers away from Grand-Bourg, the Chateau Murat, one of the most important sugar exploitations at the beginning of the 19th century, offers a rare glimpse into slavery times and reminds visitors that this paradise was once hell on earth for hundreds if not thousands of slaves.
In the afternoon, you will be able to stroll or just relax on one of the beaches worthy of the most beautiful postcards, before taking the ferry back to Pointe-à-Pitre.
- Ferry ticket
- Transport by private vehicle in Marie-Galante
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Port de Pointe-à-Pitre, Pointe-à-Pitre
Meet us 10 minutes before time indicated on your voucher at the Gare maritime de Bergevin/Port de Pointe-à-Pitre.
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Departure at 7.00am
Experience vast open spaces and pure freedom with the SeaBob! One SeaBob session lasts from 10 to 50...
C'est en écoutant les « Ethiopiques » (Francis Falceto, Buda Musique) que les 5 "férenj" d'Akalé Wub...
Voilà près de 8 ans que ces 2 humains se mettent en boîte, aux rythmes de leurs études, de leurs con...
Loïc Lantoine, poète éraflé n’ayant jamais fait mystère de son côté punk, télescope depuis quelques ...
VINCENT TORTILLER batterie invite : Max Dormon basse, Romain Roussouliere guitare, Auxane Cartigny p...
Comédie d’Elodie Wallace et Rui Silva, mise en scène par Elodie Wallace Avec Julie Delaunay, Agathe ...