Tour in the footsteps of Christopher Columbus
- Visit Le Parc des Roches Gravées
- See 230 carved prints and petroglyphs
- Hike in the forest and see the Carbet waterfalls
- Swim in Le Bassin Paradis on the Grosse Corde river
This tour brings you first to the neighbourhood of Sainte-Marie, in the town of Capesterre, where it is assumed Christopher Colombus first set foot in 1493.
The tours continues to Le Parc des Roches Gravées (park of the engraved rocks). It displays 22 volcanic rocks with almost 230 carved prints and petroglyphs made by the Arawaks around 300 to 400 years after Christ. The patterns represent faces or bodies or superposed faces in the manner of totems, geometric shapes or animal representations. Their function is believed to be religious, although it remains a mystery for Historians.
After lunch (included), we will head to the Chutes du Carbet (Carbet waterfalls). These spectacular waterfalls were described by Christopher Columbus as a "major water source, drawing water from all sides of the mountain". The first and highest waterfall plunges more than 115 meters. Experienced hikers will hike a long and steep trail to see this waterfall, the most impressive of all three. Less adventurous travelers may want to visit the second waterfall. This cascade is well known for its convenient accessibility; the path to reach the site is paved and well designed. The third Chute du Carbet is small in height (only 20 meters), but has the greatest water volume of any waterfall on the whole island.
The tour ends with a swim in Le Bassin Paradis on the Grosse Corde river in Capesterre-Belle-Eau.
- Bus tour + easy hike
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Rond-point de Montbello, Petit-Bourg
Meet us at the Rond-point de Montbello, Petit-Bourg.
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Departure at 10.00am
Try a real once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a wonderful vintage car for the whole day: enjoy...
Make yourself comfortable aboard the electric tuk-tuk and let yourself be surprised by the must-see ...
You'll meet your guide in the early morning at the Bergevin Port in Pointe-à-Pitre to reach Marie-Ga...
Ride a horse through the Guadeloupe countryside on a trail ride and explore a scenic landscape with ...
Experience vast open spaces and pure freedom with the SeaBob! One SeaBob session lasts from 10 to 50...
The tour starts in a rum distillery in Sainte-Rose where you'll learn about the story of rum and its...