Guimarães and Braga tour in small group from Porto
- Discover the story of Guimarães, the birthplace of the Portuguese nation
- Explore Braga, the oldest religious city of Portugal
- Admire the view from Bom Jesus Sanctuary
After the pick up from your hotel in Porto, you will start your tour in the birthplace of the Portuguese nation - the city of Guimarães, the first capital of Portugal, chosen by our first king, Afonso Henriques. Known as the cradle of Portugal, Guimarães has preserved a medieval atmosphere in its core and for so many references UNESCO considers this town as a World Heritage Site.
Our first stop will take place in the northern part of the city with a visit to the imposing 10th century castle and the majestic Dukes of Bragança Palace. Afterward the historical Santa Maria Road will lead you to the charming square in the heart of the old town, Largo da Oliveira.
After a relaxing lunch break in Guimarães that will certainly allow you to enjoy the pleasures of the cuisine of the north of Portugal it will be time to head towards Braga, the oldest religious capital of Portugal.
Braga has been an archiepiscopal seat and pilgrimage site. Our first stop is Sé, the 12th century cathedral built by Henri de Bourgogne and Dona Teresa. Then you will arrive at Bom Jesus Sanctuary, a hilltop pilgrimage site. The 581 steps that the pilgrims climb up to the top of Bom Jesus are one of the most glorious stairways in Portugal. After a visit to these landmarks of faith in the country we will take you back to Porto.
- Professional guide
- Transport in air-conditioned mini van
- Pick-up & drop-off at your hotel in Porto
- Visit to the Guimarães Castle, Dukes Palace and Braga Cathedral
- Personal expenses
Praça de Mouzinho de Albuquerque 136, 4050-327 Porto, Portugal
Pick up at your hotel centrally located in Porto
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- During check out you will be asked to provide your hotel address for the pick up service
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Pick-up time: Approx. 9.30am
- Drop-off time: Approx. 6.30pm
This tour allows you to take all the time you need to truly feel the energy at this place that is so...
During this day tour, you will discover two of the oldest cities of Portugal. You will start in Guim...
Take part to this full day tour to visit Aveiro and Coimbra. After the pick up from your hotel in Po...
During this Douro Valley discovery tour, you will feel and admire the splendor of the Douro region. ...
Take part to our full day tour and discover the main attractions of Porto. You will enjoy a walking ...
Departing from your hotel in Porto, you will start your day in the medieval city of Guimarães, one o...