Half day excursion to Osorno Volcano
- Climb Chile's iconic Osorno Volcano
- Travel through the shores of Llanquihue Lake
- Appreciate a panoramic view of Lake Llanquihue and surrounding volcanoes
Departing from your hotel along the south bank of the Llanquihue Lake, straight towards the Osorno Volcano through Ensenada, entering the Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park. Reach Ensenada after about 50 minutes by car, the easternmost port on the lake. Face the imposing Osorno Volcano, a symbol of the local landscape. Walk through a forest of coigües and other native tree species, making a stop at 1,000 meters of altitude to observe La Burbuja Crater, admiring the view of the Petrohué River valley and the Calbuco Volcano in the magnificent Andes.
The expedition continues to the ski centre and its cafeteria located at 1,200 meters above sea level; and where you can access the ski lifts (not included) that will allow you to better observe the landscape. On your way, see how the lava formations from earlier volcanic eruptions were formed. Stop and enjoy a panoramic view from the top of the Osorno Volcano. Afterwards, you will be returned to your hotel.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt Hotels
- Bilingual guide (English or Spanish)
- Passenger transport insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
During checkout, you will be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel in Puerto Varas for pick-up.
- Wear a winter raincoat, appropriate footwear for walking, sunscreen and comfortable clothes
- Bring water
- Pick up from Puerto Montt (urban zone) hotels is at 13:00 am
- Pick up from Puerto Varas (urban zone) hotels is at 13:30 am
Discover the enchanting island of Chiloé with its marvelous bays and long sandy beaches. Your starti...
Tour the town of Frutillar is known for its black sand beaches, crystalline waters and its Theatre b...
This tour will pick you up from your hotel in Puerto Montt or Puerto Varas and then head out along s...
Directly from your hotel, this service will be waiting to take you on time to your departure flight....
The excursion starts in the direction of the south shore of Lake Llanquihue, until you reach the Vic...
Departure from Puerto Varas to Petrohue where you will have a brief visit to Petrohue Riverfalls (en...