Canopy tour and zip line from Puerto Viejo
- Adventure through the jungle tree tops
- Explore 9 aerial platforms and 2,760 meters of suspended cables
- Naturalist guide will teach you about the rainforest
Experience an exhilarating journey through the jungle treetops! Once you have been picked you up from your hotel and transported to the main office, you will head towards the farm, Carbón 1, which is located 30 minutes away from Puerto Viejo.
You will be dropped at the operation base, where you will find the first platform and after 2 cables we will enjoy one of the most spectacular cables (285 meters length, 80 meters altitude) that will take you to the heart of the jungle, from where you'll begin a guided hike with a naturalist guide. The guide will teach you about the flora and fauna of the primary forest, and the various uses of these plants by the indigenous people. After the hike, you will get to another platform to continue your adventure. The Canopy consists of 9 aerial platforms and 13 ground platforms, with a total of 2,760 meters of cable. Once you have reached the seventh platform, you will not touch the ground again until the end of the route.
In order to be completely immersed in the jungle surroundings, the former steel cables have been replaced with cables made out of carbon fiber in this particular part of the jungle. These cables are of the latest technology with the quality of being completely silent, thus avoiding noise pollution of the jungle. During the aerial route, you will have the option to descent from the platform to the ground with the Tarzan swing or with the last canopy cable. Finally, you will begin your return, encountering the 2 most spectacular cables for last. Once, back to the farm, you will be served fruit and water in the resting area before returning to your hotel.
- Tropical fruits and water
- Certified tour guide
- Full equipment
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Calle 211, Limón, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, 70403, Costa Rica
- Children must be accompanied by an adult, minimum age is 11 years
- Not suitable for pregnant women and/or persons with recent surgery
- Not available for persons weighing more than 264 lbs (120 kgs)
- Provide your hotel accommodations at booking for pick-up
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, insect repellent (if you do not have a natural repellent, local operator can provide)
- 8.00am and 1.00pm
Begin your day tour with pick-up from your hotel, then visit an old, abandoned cocoa plantation. You...
You will be picked up at your hotel to head to Manzanillo, where our guide will be waiting to take y...
At 8.00am you will board your vehicle and head towards the Bribri Reserve, the largest indigenous co...
Your walk begins inside an old abandoned cocoa plantation where you will slowly begin to ascend to t...
This is an experience full of excitement and different activities in one day, filled with zip lining...
Explore an old, abandoned cacao plantation before climbing up the secondary and primary forest of th...