Mindo Cloud Forest day tour
- Discover one of the word's most bio-diverse sites
- Private transportation
- Adventure-filled excursion with hikes or the Mindo zip line
During the drive from Quito to Mindo, located just 2 hours (90km/56miles), your tour guide will stop at popular visitor destinations. Once in Mindo your tour will focus on nature where two of the most biologically diverse ecoregions meet. At the base of the Andes mountains the Chocoan lowlands and the Tropical Andes mix to form a unique habitat for birds, flowers and butterflies. During your day you can expect to see near 50 species of birds, dozens of orchids and many butterflies Mindo's cloud forest and the Butterfly Garden. Mindo's cloud forests is the native habitat of more than 470 species of birds (the highest of any locality in western Ecuador), including many threatened species. The Mindo area has won the Christmas Bird Count for three consecutive years. A place of a unique beauty and natural richness. The other half of your Mindo adventure tour will be enjoying the area, with choices including riding on zip lines, a cable car or water tubing (activities not included in price). At the end of your tour you will be returned to your original departure point.
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel in Quito
- Private transportation
- English/Spanish speaking guide
- Optional activities, Canopy USD$20 / Hiking to waterfalls USD$5 / Tubing USD$8 / Butterfy farm USD$6 / Bird watching with a local expert birds guide / Hummingbird Garden $5
Vía a Mindo, Ecuador
Remember to bring:
- Insect repelet and sunscreen
- Hat and Sunglasses
- It is recommend you bring small bills to pay for the entrances
- Light weight clothing for warm and humid climates
- Walking shoes or sandals
- A light raincoat
- A sweater (the return drive to Quito gets chilly)
- A swimming suit and towel
- Extra pair of socks
We provide door-to-door transfer services 24/7. Reliable Airport Private Transportation in Ecuador, ...
Otavalo is one of the most visited and biggest indigenous markets in Latin America, enjoy the beauti...
Experience the spectacular scenery of the Ecuadorian Andes on this full-day tour from Quito. The Qui...
This tour is designed to introduce children to authentic life on a farm. The organization and locals...
Runa Foundation invites those visitors curious about guayusa tea and Amazonian indigenous culture on...
This tour at Bartolome Island is perfect if you want to see wildlife and enjoy the nature.Spend an u...