Basilica of Sant'Apollinare in Classe: private tour near Ravenna
- Visit one of the most important and iconic monuments of Byzantine art near Ravenna
- Marvel at the fantastic mosaics you'll see inside the basilica
- Learn all about this fascinating UNESCO site: its history, the artworks hidden here, its architecture and much more
This 1-hour private tour of the Basilica of Sant'Apollinare in Classe will allow you to discover one real hidden gem of Ravenna (and of the whole Italy!).
Sant'Apollinare in Classe, a UNESCO World Heritage site, has been described as the most impressive Basilica of the Early Christian period. Despite the plundering it suffered over the centuries, the basilica has preserved the splendour of its original building. It is now admired for its beautiful polychrome apse mosaics and ancient marble sarcophagi of archbishops, placed along the aisles.
This impressive church rises in all its solemn grandeur at a distance of 8 kilometres from the centre of Ravenna. Commissioned by archbishop Ursicino, the church was built by Julian Argentarius during the first half of the 6th century, on an ancient burial area used in the late 2nd or early 3rd century. Apparently, Saint Apollinaris - one of the first bishops of Ravenna - was buried here.
- private tour guide
- entrance ticket to the basilica
- pick-up and drop-off service
S. Apollinare in Classe, Via Romea Sud, Classe, Ravenna, Italy
Meet your guide in front of the main entrance of Basilica
- the Basilica is accessible to people with disabilities
- every day at 9 am, 10 am, 11 am, 2 pm, 3 pm, 4 pm and 5 pm
Ravenna fue la capital del Imperio Romano de Occidente durante el siglo V DC. Después fue la capital...
Le Terme di Riolo sono incastonate in un meraviglioso parco secolare nel cuore verde della Romagna. ...
Se cerchi un centro benessere a Faenza, al Relais Villa Abbondanzi trovi un hotel con Spa con serviz...
En esta excursión privada de un día a Ravenna, su guía le mostrará los tesoros más importantes de la...
¿Está aprendiendo a hacer pasta auténtica de una abuela italiana en su lista de deseos? Luego, final...
Stage 9: Riccione - San Marino Sunday 19 May 2019, 34.7 kmIndividual chronometer divided into two pa...