Last minute private tour of Ravenna with monument admissions
- Enjoy a "full immersion" guided tour of the beautiful Ravenna, its main monuments and historical buildings
- See the early Christian and Byzantine impressive mosaics in the Basilica of San Vitale and the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia
- Stroll through the streets of the old town and explore the picturesque Piazza del Popolo and the Dante area
- Take advantage of having an expert guide totally dedicated to you on this private tour and ask all the questions you have!
Ravenna was the capital city of the Western Roman Empire during the 5th century AD. It then served as the capital of the Kingdom of the Ostrogoths until it was re-conquered in 540 AD by the Byzantine Empire. Subsequently the city formed the center of the Byzantine Exarchate of Ravenna until the invasion by the Lombards in 751 AD, after which it became the seat of the Kingdom of the Lombards.
Although an inland city, Ravenna is connected to the Adriatic Sea by the Candiano Canal. It is known for its well-preserved late Roman and Byzantine architecture, and features 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
On this 3-hour private guided tour of Ravenna, your expert guide will show you the most important treasures of the city. You'll explore some of its most famous sites and admire the stunning mosaics all around you. Marvel at the early Christian and Byzantine mosaics in the Basilica of San Vitale, the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, the Battistero Neoniano, the Arcivescovile Museum and the Basilica of Sant’Apollinare Nuovo.
Walk along the streets of the old town and stop to explore the picturesque Piazza del Popolo and the Dante area, or "Area of Silence". In fact, the exiled Florentine Dante died in Ravenna on 13 September 1321.
- Private tour led by an expert guide
- Entrance tickets to: Chiesa di San Vitale, Mausoleo di Galla Placidia, Battistero Neoniano, Museo Arcivescovile and Basilica Sant’Apollinare Nuovo
- Transportation to the meeting point
Piazza del Popolo, Ravenna, Italy
Your guide will meet you at the foot of the building with the three big arched doors (and a clock tower above it). Please show them your voucher (either printed or on your phone).
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites that are not specified as included
- The tour will operate even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain, the tour may be canceled and you will be provided a full refund
- Every day from 9.00am to 2.00pm
Are you ready to challenge the breathtaking heights of record-breaking attractions and experience th...
Le Terme di Riolo sono incastonate in un meraviglioso parco secolare nel cuore verde della Romagna. ...
Se cerchi un centro benessere a Faenza, al Relais Villa Abbondanzi trovi un hotel con Spa con serviz...
This 1-hour private tour of the Basilica of Sant'Apollinare in Classe will allow you to discover one...
On this full-day private tour of Ravenna your guide will show you the most important treasures of th...
Ravenna, capital of mosaic. There are seven monuments of Ravenna included in the Unesco list, a boas...