Blue Ice glacier hiking and ice climbing tour
- Stop for a stunning view of the Skógafoss waterfall
- Take part in exciting ice climbing if you desire
- Learn to glacier hike like a pro
This tour offers the unique opportunity to hike an immeasurably magnificent glacier on a frozen glacial tongue called Sólheimajökull. It is a rugged, raw and ever changing hub of ancient frozen water - truly a phenomenon. On this tour we will explore the crevasse riddled outlet glacier and also have the chance to test our ice climbing skills. With its amazing ice formations, sinkholes and jagged ridges, it is truly an unforgettable experience. We will provide you with all the tools you will need: ice axes, crampons and safety lines. On our return journey to Reykjavik, we will stop at the beautiful waterfall, Skógafoss.
Trip difficulty 2 out of 5. Rated: Moderate.
- Round trip transportation from selected Reykjavik pick up points
- Glacier hiking tour on Sólheimajökull glacier with a certified glacier guide
- Optional introduction to ice climbing and all specialized glacier gear
- Climbing harness, glacier crampons, helmet and other climbing safety equipment
- Lunch (please bring packed lunch)
Pick-up in Reykjavik
Please be ready at 8.30am for pick-up from a selected central point in Reykjavík - please note that it can take up to 30 minutes for pick-up to arrive
- Participants must be at least 14 years of age
- Please bring warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket & pants, head wear and gloves. Good hiking shoes are recommended.
- Sturdy hiking shoes, waterproof jacket and pants can be rented if you contact us beforehand. We do not rent gear from location
- All adventure and glacier tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. Arctic Adventures does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to there own actions. Participants have to sign a waiver before undertaking all trips stating that they realize that all outdoor activities carry an inherent risk.
- Every day at 8.30am
Have you ever wanted to spot one of those amazing dancing lights in the sky, the famous Aurora Borea...
Have you always wanted to see whales in their natural environment? What about some playful white-bea...
This tour takes you to the most beautiful places at the south coast of Iceland. See the unforgettabl...
The exhibition is built into one of the six hot-water tanks that make up Perlan, and it starts with ...
Add some flavour of Icelandic culture to your Reykjavík visit and taste the craft beers of the micro...
With this door-to-door airport shuttle service, you can enjoy a fast and comfortable way to travel b...