Dog sledding with transfer from Reykjavik
- Experience a husky ride - true Icelandic adventure
- Get in touch with nature and enjoy breathtaking views
- Meet the dogs and learn about how they are trained
Your Icelandic adventure starts with a dog ride. Meet the dogs and listen to stories from the trail, while you are being pulled by these magnificent animals.
When the dogs get hitched up, your musher guides the dog team, emerging into a place surrounded by breathtaking views. Your guide will explain how he trains and steers the dogs. Halfway through the tour, you will take a break to take pictures with the dogs and offer them a good belly-rub.
This is sure to be one of the highlights of your vacation in Iceland and a great chance to get in touch with nature in the land of Ice and Fire.
The tour is operated on snow when conditions are sufficient and safe for the four-legged team. When there is not sufficient snow, the tours will take place on dry-land. The months of the year most likely to have snow are from November to the end of June (varies yearly).
- 45-minute guided dog ride
- Photo break
- Extra clothing if needed
- English-speaking guide/driver
- Transfer from and to Reykjavík
- Children ages 6-11: reduced
The exact location can change because the tour operator always wants to offer the best conditions for the dogs. After the booking confirmation, you will get access to a page where you can find the exact location of your tour. Please find further instructions in your voucher and confirmation email. The location is always 30-minutes to 1-hour drive away from Reykjavik.
- Participants must be at least 6 years old
- Not suitable during pregnancy
- Max 95kg per person and BMI below 30
- Minors (under 18 years old) must be accompanied by an adult
- Recommended clothing and equipment: Waterproof shoes and warm socks, base and mid layer clothing, waterproof and warm coat, hat and gloves, sunglasses and camera – for those indescribable moments
- You will be picked up from one of the pick-up points listed here. Please be there on time
- Tour runs on various days, please check the calendar for more details
- Starting times can vary, please check the calendar for more info
- Pick-up starts two hours before the tour starting time
Have you ever wanted to spot one of those amazing dancing lights in the sky, the famous Aurora Borea...
This tour takes you to the most beautiful places at the south coast of Iceland. See the unforgettabl...
This Landmannalaugar tour will take you up to Landmannalaugar, often referred to as “The Pearl of th...
The exhibition is built into one of the six hot-water tanks that make up Perlan, and it starts with ...
The Flybus airport shuttle takes you from Keflavik International Airport to downtown Reykjavik. Seat...
The Flybus airport shuttle takes you from your hotel to Keflavik International Airport. Seats are gu...