South Coast and Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon Tour from Reykjavík
- Journey across a landscape of striking contrasts
- Get up close to picturesque waterfalls
- Enjoy the spectacular scenery of Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon
- See one of the Europe's largest ice caps, Vatnajökull glacier
You will pass the southern edge of the mighty Vatnajökull Glacier roughly midway between Reykjavik and Jökulsárlón glacier Lagoon, offering magnificent views of glaciers, rivers and endless plains of sand. Vatnajökull Glacier National Park stretches over an area of 14.000 square kilometers.
Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon will keep your eyes wide open and will take your breath away. Packed with icebergs in various shades of white and blue, the lagoon‘s extraordinary scenery is popular with travelers, photographers and film makers from all over the world.
Specialized amphibious vehicles will take you out onto the lagoon sailing among the enormous chunks of ice. Various bird species can be seen feeding in and around the lagoon, and seals are a common sight both at the mouth of the lagoon and at the seaside beach.
- Pick-up and drop-off in Reykjavik
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Boat tour on Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon (except in October - April)
- Children 11 and under: free
- Youth 12-17 years of age: reduced
Holtagarðar, Holtavegur 10, 104 Reykjavik, Iceland
Please book your pick-up before your tour by contacting your tour operator. If you do not wish to take advantage of the complimentary pick-up service, make your way to the meeting point at the Gray Line Bus Terminal in Holtagarðar. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time stated on your voucher and introduce yourself at the sales desk for check-in.
- From October through April, boat tours on the lagoon are suspended due to high volumes of icebergs. Tour price for that period is therefore lower
- The tour is by default guided in English. More languages are available as follows:
- German: Tuesdays and Sundays (1 March - 31 October)
- French: Saturdays (1 March - 31 October)
- Mandarin: Wednesdays and Fridays departure at 8.00am (From 1 September)
- Every day at 8.00am
- Pick up starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time
While visiting Iceland, don't miss a tour of the famous Golden Circle route and its natural and hist...
This Landmannalaugar tour will take you up to Landmannalaugar, often referred to as “The Pearl of th...
The exhibition is built into one of the six hot-water tanks that make up Perlan, and it starts with ...
The Flybus airport shuttle takes you from Keflavik International Airport to downtown Reykjavik. Seat...
The Flybus airport shuttle takes you from your hotel to Keflavik International Airport. Seats are gu...
Join the professional and passionate northern light chasers to witness this astonishing natural phen...