Experience the traditional tour from Húsavík. This place is often considered as the Whale Watching Capital of Europe. It is a unique adventure at sea – watching the wonders of nature in the beautiful surroundings of Skjálfandi Bay, sheltered by the stunning mountains of Vík. This is where our roots lie, where our ancestors used to live in peace and joy for centuries, living in total harmony with the unpredictable and untamed nature of the North Atlantic.
Cruises and boat tours
Whale Watching in Skjálfandi Bay
Availability: Every day
Duration: 3 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Kids go free
Do this because
- Experience the Mammals of the Ocean
- Admire the beautiful surroundings of Skjálfandi Bay
- Feel the thrill of seeing wildlife up close
What to expect
- A specialized guide
- Light refreshments (hot chocolate and an Icelandic traditional twisted donut, kleina)
- Warm overalls and raincoats if needed
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (0-6): free of charge
- Youth (7-15): reduced
Garðarsbraut, Húsavík, Iceland
Gentle Giants Ticket Center, just look for the big blue flags and signs marked Gentle Giants. Please be at the meeting point to collect your tickets at least 30 minutes before departure.
What to remember
- Warm extra clothing provided on board. It is highly recommended that passengers bring their own warm and waterproof clothes, footwear and protective bags for cameras, as it can be cold and wet out at sea
- From March to November
- Check the calendar to see the exact departure times
Gentle Giants Whale Watching
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.