- Wander the cobblestone streets of Riga’s charming Old Town
- Check out the architecture that defines the city’s Art Nouveau District
- Explore the Central Market and taste a few local specialties
- Find out why Riga remains one of the few relatively undiscovered cities in Europe
Discover one of Europe's last hidden wonders! Explore the old and new towns of Riga with a local guide by your side, and be prepared to quickly fall in love with the gorgeous wonders of the Jugendstil era, to be amazed by the enormous Central Market, and to be enchanted by the historic city centre.
Not only does Riga have the highest concentration of art nouveau buildings anywhere in the world, but on top of that it has a charming Old Town, dotted with cobbled streets and full of cosy bars and restaurants. On this Riga tour, you’ll discover the architecture of both Old Town and the Art Nouveau District, and discover how pretty this oft-ignored European gem really is.
The city is also home to the biggest indoor market in Europe: Riga's Central Market. These massive hangars were used to host mega zeppelins during the 1930s, and are an art deco and neoclassicism masterpiece. We’ll take a wander through the market, where you’ll get the chance to maybe pick up a few local treats, or try some Latvian delicacies.
As one of the fastest developing countries in the European Union, many young people are starting new and hip projects all over town, but retaining the authentic atmosphere that makes Riga so special. Old Soviet buildings turn into ateliers, workshops, and cafés, resulting in an interesting mix of the old and the new everywhere you look.
The tour ends at the Central Market.
Please note: The minimum age for this tour is 6 years!
- City tour with a local English-speaking guide
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Elizabetes iela 55, Centra rajons, Riga, LV-1010, Latvia
The tour meets at the lobby of the Radission Blu Hotel
- Riga can be quite cold in the winter months, please dress warmly
- You'll visit the city in a group of maximum 12 pax
- From May till November 8th every day at 2.00pm
Riga’s Soviet days may be over, but there are still lots of hard memories tucked away in the city’s ...
Travelling is all about new experiences, right? And exploring is about more than just visiting monum...
SOLUNE, ce n’est pas seulement le soleil qui a rendez-vous avec la lune, c’est aussi la lumière en S...
Il était une fois Jean-Marie BIGARD Salut mes chéris ! Vous avez été 4 000 000 de copains à venir me...
Helmut Lotti: première en tour weer in eigen land Helmut Lotti repart en tournée partout en Belgique...