Riga Old Town pub crawl
- Visit hidden spots in Old Town where you can experience local nightlife
- Discover the flavors of Riga’s emerging craft beer scene
- Sample local drinks like black balsam and kvass
- Learn all about experimental Latvian brewers from a local beer enthusiast
- Raise a glass alongside locals in some of the city’s best tucked-away bars
Travelling is all about new experiences, right? And exploring is about more than just visiting monuments and museums — it’s also about indulging in a new culture, and getting to know the locals, their customs, their food, and of course, their drinks!
Not only does Latvia have some great cuisine, but it also has some fantastic beverages. Did you know Latvia has the most northern vineyard in Europe? Or that, besides wine, there are lots of yummy ciders to be tried, which come in all kinds of flavours? Many of these ciders are craft brews not found anywhere outside of Latvia. Latvia is also home to the famous black balsam, a liquor spiced with herbs and drank in shot form. As it has a very unique flavour, you'll either love it or hate it, but it’s guaranteed to be something you won’t forget! Thanks to Russian influence, good-quality vodka is abundant and there are many tasty vodkas that can be tried at any of the pubs.
Kvass is another popular drink, similar to beer but very low in alcohol content (it’s actually considered to be a soft drink), and an excellent companion to Latvian cuisine. Based on fermented black rye bread, this drink is a must-try! Then, there are, of course, the traditional pilsner beers, loved by everyone and easy to drink. But you’re sure to find more than just pilsners, as the art of craft beer has been increasing rapidly in Latvia over the past few years. Throughout the country, there are several breweries producing a variety of beers. The modern Latvian brewer loves to experiment, and during this tour you'll have the chance to taste some excellent experiments!
On this Riga tour, you'll be accompanied by a beer-enthusiastic local who will bring you to the best-kept secrets in town. In these hidden spots, your guide will share his or her knowledge of Latvia's best craft beers and other drinks. You’ll visit some very exclusive pubs only known by locals, and you will have a chance to experience the true Latvian nightlife, not spoiled by drunken party clichés.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Two craft beers
- One shot of vodka or black balsam
- Additional drinks
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Aspazijas bulvāris 20, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
Meet under the "Laima" clock
- Please wear casual clothes and comfortable shoes for walking
- Note that Riga can be quite cold in winter months, therefore dress accordingly
- Children under 18 years of age are not permitted on this tour
- Please note that this tour ends at Labietis Brewery (a taxi back into the city center costs about EUR 10)
Every day at 7.30pm
Discover one of Europe's last hidden wonders! Explore the old and new towns of Riga with a local gui...
Riga’s Soviet days may be over, but there are still lots of hard memories tucked away in the city’s ...
Origines » rend hommage aux créateurs du cirque équestre à travers des tableaux qui illustreront la ...
Boléro de Ravel et 9ème Symphonie de Beethoven Orchestre Helios Choeur Tempestuoso Direction Jean Ch...
CASSE –NOISETTE ZETIA ORGANISATION présente ce spectacle Le Grand Ballet du Théâtre Municipal Académ...
DUELS à DAVIDEJONATOWN Un western vraiment à l'ouest ! Les habitants de Davidéjonatown, un patelin p...