Ancient Rome tour with Colosseum tickets and optional Vatican tour upgrade
- Expert local English guide for groups of 25 people
- Visit the Colosseum and all the essential sites of Ancient Rome
- Possibility to combine the Ancient Rome tour with a tour of the Vatican
- Get skip-the-line access to all the attractions you'll be visiting
ANCIENT ROME TOUR WITH COLOSSEUM (duration 3 hours)
Spend a half-day seeing all the essential sites of Ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it all come to life. The remains of the Eternal City can be confusing on your own, but thrilling with an entertaining mix of stories and facts. Your tour will include:
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Colosseum
- Insights into the amphitheater’s construction and bloody history
- The Forum, with its temples, palaces and altar of Julius Caesar
- The Via Sacra – site of ancient festivals and processions
- The Palatine Hill – where Rome was founded by Romulus
- The villas and gardens of emperors and the wealthy
ANCIENT ROME TOUR WITH COLOSSEUM + VATICAN TOUR (duration 9 hours)
This combo tour takes you to Rome's two most important attractions, the Vatican and the Colosseum, in a single day. Enjoy no wait access to the Vatican and skip-the-line at all other venues.
In the morning, you’ll follow an itinerary through the Vatican Museums, visiting the most famous areas, such as the Sistine Chapel and the Raphael Rooms, plus galleries full of ancient sculptures, tapestries, medieval maps, paintings, and precious relics. You’ll learn about hidden details in Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel frescoes. From here, you'll enter St. Peter’s Basilica to visit the stunning masterpieces within. You’ll see Michelangelo’s 'Pieta' and the magnificent altar, not to mention the Basilica itself and its impressive Dome. You’ll then have free time to have lunch at a local restaurant or go for a stroll in the center of Rome.
In the early afternoon, you’ll start your adventure at the Colosseum, one of the world’s most iconic sights. Our guides, who are experts in history and archaeology, will take you back to ancient times recounting the games and politics that played out and how mock sea battles were once held here. No visit to Ancient Rome would be complete without going further back to its origins. You’ll explore the Palatine Hill, where Romulus founded the city, and the Roman Forum, the economic and political heart of Ancient Rome.
Sites included in your visit:
- Vatican Museums
- Sistine Chapel
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
- Expert English speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 people or fewer
- Skip-the-line access, entrance ticket and reservation fee to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Skip-the-line access to the Vatican Museums (Ancient Rome tour with Colosseum + Vatican Tour option only)
- Vatican Museums entrance ticket and reservation fee (Ancient Rome tour with Colosseum + Vatican Tour option only)
- Access to the Sistine Chapel (Ancient Rome tour with Colosseum + Vatican Tour option only)
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (ages 0-3): free
- Children (ages 4-14): reduced
ANCIENT ROME TOUR WITH COLOSSEUM MEETING POINT: Piazza del Colosseo, 58, 00184 Roma, Italy. Meet at Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the second floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". ANCIENT ROME TOUR WITH COLOSSEUM + VATICAN TOUR MEETING POINT: Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma, Italy. At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour.
- Unfortunately this tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance.
- We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- Skip-the-line access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. The Tour Operator cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- On Wednesdays, access to St. Peter’s Basilica & Square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal Audience.
- This tour has numerous departure times, which must be selected at the time of booking. Only one departure time may be selected per booking, and departure times are not interchangeable.
- Ancient Rome Tour with Colosseum operates Monday-Sunday
- Ancient Rome Tour with Colosseum+ Vatican Tour operates Monday-Saturday
Morning tour (Vatican Museums):
- Meeting time: 08.45am
- Departure time: 09.00am
Afternoon tour (Colosseum Group):
- Meeting time: 02.45pm
- Departure time: 03.00pm
Experience the essential sites of ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it all come to ...
The Vatican Museums are an absolute must-see for tourists of any age coming to Rome, so if you’re wo...
Make sure your visit to the Vatican Museums is as relaxed and special as it should be with our early...
Il nostro tour guidato con accesso salta fila ai siti archeologici, in sole tre ore, ti permetterà d...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
Every Wednesday people from all over the world gather to see Pope Francis in Rome. This time is rese...
Travel back to 125AD and explore the imposing Castel Sant'Angelo and Ponte Sant’Angelo in the Parco ...
The remains of the Stadium of Domitian (UNESCO World Heritage) are located beneath Piazza Navona, ab...
This is not a common tour of the most important and famous parts of Rome. You won't see the Colosseu...
Experience night-time around Rome guided by your private driver. Enjoy a romantic 2-hour panoramic t...