Archaeological Rome tour, Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Visit the first and second tiers of the Colosseum
- Intimate groups of 15 or fewer fellow travelers
- Your passionate, expert guides will show you the best sights
- See the final resting place of Julius Caesar
Explore not just the Colosseum, but all the major sites of Ancient Rome on this small group tour; providing context, history and fascinating anecdotes to bring ruins to life.
We start by skipping the long lines at the Colosseum and diving right in to its bloody but politically-important history. As you wander its first and second tiers your expert, passionate guide will help you separate the facts from the fictions that are often fed to tourists. From the lives of gladiators, to the real hand signals that emperors used to condemn combatants, you’ll never get a more thorough and enjoyable lesson than this.
From the entertainments of Ancient Rome to the business, you’ll head to the Roman Forum to learn about the commercial and political heart of the empire. Along the way you’ll pass the titanic arch of Constantine, the final resting place of Julius Caesar, and the Temple of the Vestal Virgins, who were charged with the unenviable task of safeguarding the morality of Ancient Rome.
Finally you’ll ascend the Palatine Hill and learn the legend of Romulus & Remus, the mythological twin founders of Rome who were raised by a she-wolf. Explore ancient palaces, learning how the word “palace” actually originated right here, in the home of Caesar’s heir - the first emperor of Ancient Rome, Emperor Augustus. As you hear tales of the characters that played such a crucial role in shaping history; you’ll come to understand the importance this once-great empire like never before.
In your a small group of no more than 15 people, you’ll have incredible access to your expert guide. There is no better way to immerse yourself in the legends and facts of Ancient Rome.
- The Colosseum
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
- Skip-the-line entry tickets for the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Expert tour guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Headsets on groups over 6 people
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (0-1): free (no reservation required)
- Children (2-14): reduced price
Via delle Terme di Tito, 72, 00184 Roma RM, Italia
Via delle Terme di Tito, 72 (near the Colosseum)
- The Colosseum and Roman Forum are ancient sites that are neither wheelchair nor stroller friendly.
- NOTE: There is a new rule at the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags will not be allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum.
- The Colosseum has changed its admission policy to ensure that only 3,000 people are allowed within the amphitheater at any given time, meaning much less crowding during busy periods. Although our tickets are pre-booked with Skip the Line access, this may mean a slight delay on entering if capacity has already been reached. We expect that the instances of this will be limited but ask for your patience if you travel on a busy day and are affected by this unavoidable circumstance. In all, it should make for a much nicer experience for all (and longer general access lines!).
- On the first Sunday of every month, entrance to the Colosseum is free to the public. Please note that, due to restrictions allowing fewer people inside the amphitheater than usual, there may be a slight delay in entry time on these days.
- The Colosseum is subject to occasional closures. The Colosseum administration is usually aware of this and informs us the day before or of a given closure.
- Please provide us with detailed contact information in the event that we need to reach you to reschedule your tour.
- Available Departure Times:
- 08:30 AM, 09:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 1:30 PM, 3:15 PM
Don’t see the Colosseum like a normal tourist, queuing for ages to access even the skip the line gro...
The Vatican has so many treasures and can be overwhelming. We want you to experience it in the best ...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
Enjoy a St. Peter’s visit in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tablet...
Il nostro tour guidato con accesso salta fila ai siti archeologici, in sole tre ore, ti permetterà d...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
After being picked up from your hotel (if centrally located and accessible), begin your day with a v...
Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria ad Martyres, better known as the Pantheon, and admire the beauty o...