Best of Rome walking day tour with skip-the-line entry at the Vatican museums
- See all main attractions in Rome in one day
- Guided tour inside the Vatican museums and Sistine chapel
- Learn about the facts, history and anecdotes of Rome
- Discover the best areas to explore after the tour
Your tour starts in the middle of it all, as your friendly guide will be waiting for you right outside the Metro Stop Colosseo. Yep, you guessed right, first stop: The magnificent Colosseum! That’s just the beginning of the journey which that you will see walking through the Forum to the Piazza Venezia and the controversial Vittorian. Making your way through the streets of Rome, you’ll emerge at the top of the Spanish Steps to one of the best views of the Eternal City.
The sights only get more iconic from here; next up is the Trevi Fountain, where your guide will teach you how to throw your coin over your shoulder (or maybe two?); Piazza Navona where you’ll learn all about Bernini, Rome’s version of Michelangelo; and the Pantheon, which for many visitors is the most incredible spot in the entire city.
After a short break at one of Rome’s best and oldest gelaterias, Make our way to the Castelo di Sant'Angelo. There, looming in the distance, you’ll see the mother of all churches: Saint Peter’s Basilica, the biggest church in the world within the smallest country in the world.
From here the tour will end, or you can select the optional Vatican Museums tour to continue with your guide inside! Begin your tour of the Vatican Museums with a fully-licensed guide, who will teach you all the legends, history and curiosities of this enigmatic place. Best of all: you’ll skip-the-line, giving you maximum time in the museum!
- Orientation walk of Rome with your tour leader
- Vatican museums and Sistine chapel with a licensed tour guide
- Skip-the-line entry tickets to the Vatican museums
00184 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome
Look for your guide in purple T-shirt with the Italy on a Budget logo, in front of the Colosseum metro stop.
- Tour guaranteed with a minimum of 4 people to maximum of 15 people
- To access the Vatican and all churches you must have something to cover your shoulders. Your skirts and trousers must also cover your knees
- There is a lot of walking involved, wear comfortable shoes
- This tour is not suitable for people with walking disabilities
- This experience is created for travellers aged between 18 to 39
- Clientele generally includes college students, backpackers and solo travellers
- Tour is fast-paced, budget-minded and includes activities for travellers to meet and connect with other passengers
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays: 25 March to 30 September at 9.00am
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
Take part in a virtual visit using special 3D viewers combined with a multilingual audio guide and r...
You’ll meet your guide and group near the entrance to the Colosseum; the extraordinary amphitheater ...
The most memorable, fun, and hands-on way to spend an evening, our Rome pasta-making class gives you...
Soak in the newly-opened and exclusive areas of the Colosseum with a small group and expert guide th...