Bracciano Castle half-day tour with lunch
- Located atop a hill overlooking Bracciano Lake, marvel at the sweeping scenery
- Dine on a delectable offering of local flavors and wine as you have lunch overlooking the lake
- Be among the select, most privileged to enter the actual Princess' private rooms
- Your expert guide will bring the ornate rooms, courtyards and terraces to life
Adventure beyond the hustle and bustle of the Eternal City and head into Rome’s lush countryside. Throughout the relaxing 1.5 hour journey in a comfortable air-conditioned coach, your expert English-speaking guide will entertain you with tales about the area, from current events to reliving the history of the ancient chariot tracks you too are following.
Charming and picturesque, the old-world village of Bracciano is home to one of the most impressive and best preserved medieval feudal fortresses: Odescalchi Castle. Once used by Roman nobles for its unparalleled strategic positioning, it is now the esteemed site of celebrity weddings and film productions. Standing majestically above the city, high upon its hilltop, you’ll be mesmerized by the view it has of Bracciano Lake.
Your expert guide will escort you through its impressive dining rooms, armories (where antique lances, shields, swords and other medieval weaponry is still displayed), bedrooms, kitchens and other castle chambers. Mystical. Enchanting. And somewhat hypnotizing. A place where time has truly stood still, captured in the rooms unchanged from the 15th century during which it was constructed.
With our exclusive partnership, you will be treated to the unique opportunity of visiting the Princess’s secret garden as well as the Princess’s private rooms, not open to the general public. This chamber, too, has been utilized by famous brides and grooms, now amorous newlyweds.
Once you’ve fully explored the mystery, magic and secrecy shielded by the impenetrable walls of Odescalchi Castle, enjoy time on you own to stroll among the charming alleyways of Bracciano. This tiny, picturesque town also embodies the medieval magic of the castle that dots its landscape. Allow yourself to get lost among its narrow and beautiful streets!
You will then be treated to a true local dining delight in a restaurant overlooking Lake Bracciano. As delicious to your taste buds as the scenery is to your eyes, enjoy a 3-course lunch with wine in this serene setting.
We’ll have you back to Rome by early afternoon, so there will still be plenty of time to further enjoy your stay in the Eternal City.
- Round-trip transport from Rome in a comfortable air-conditioned coach
- Entrance ticket to the Castle
- Access to the Princess' private rooms and garden
- 3-course lunch meal including a glass of wine or soft drinks
- Free time at Bracciano village
- Bracciano Lake
- Expert local guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (0-1): free
- Children (2-14): reduced
Piazza del Popolo, 6, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
At the center of Piazza del Popolo, by the large fountain with the lions and the obelisk. The nearest metro stop is Flaminio (Line A).
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended. We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- This service ends in Viale Washington, near Piazza del Popolo.
Various days, see calendar
Meeting Time: 8.30am
Departure Time: 8.45am
Get on the City Sightseeing Open Bus at one of the many stops and explore the city at your own pace....
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
With your children, discover the great accomplishments of the Ancient Roman Emperors at the Colosseu...
Season 2018/2019 - Minù presents DJs ARE NOT SUPERHEROES Humility is always the best record a DJ can...