Meet your guide on Ponte Sant’ Angelo, formerly known as the “Aelian Bridge” or “Pons Aelius.” Built in 134 AD by Emperor Hadrian, the bridge spans the river Tiber from the city center to his mausoleum in Castel Sant'Angelo. Admire sculptures of angels by Bernini, Raggi and Morelli, before skipping the ticket lines to see Hadrian’s tomb. Feast your eyes on the frescoes, Papal apartments and magnificent corridors of the castle. Experience the fear of former prisoners as you learn about the castle’s time as a prison. Follow in the footsteps of former popes as you walk the Passetto di Borgo and learn how they would escape death threats from their opponents. Your guide will explain the dark connections between the castle and Vatican State. The tour finishes on with unbeatable panoramic views from the top of the castle looking untoward the Colosseum, Vatican, Pantheon.
Attractions & guided tours
Castel Sant'Angelo "Angels and Demons" experience
Language: English , French , Spanish , German
Availability: Every day
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 2 hours
Safety measures applied
SKIP THE LINE
Do this because
- Visit Castel Sant' Angelo with an expert guide
- Find out more about the different events that took place in the castle
- Admire the best views of the city from the castle's panoramic terrace
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to Castel Sant'Angelo
- Guided tour
What's not included
- Pick up and drop-off service
- Food and drinks
- Child (5-17 years old): reduced
- Infant (0-4 years old): reduced
Piazza di Ponte S. Angelo, 68, 00186 Rome, Italy
Your guide will be waiting for you holding a 'Carpe Diem Rome' sign
What to remember
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the tour
- It is suggested to wear comfortable walking shoes and to bring a bottle of water with you
- Only small bags are allowed inside Castel Sant'Angelo. Prohibited items include scissors, pocket knives, aerosols and liquids, even if less than 100ml (except for water)
Every day at 11.00am and 5.00pm
Carpe Diem Rome
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.