Chianciano Evo Oil and Montepulciano wine tour from Rome
- Tour the Southern part of Tuscany
- Taste the extra pure olive of Chianciano
- Discover Montepulciano noble wines
- Drink inside the ancient cathedral of a noble family
Meet your private driver and depart towards the Southern part of Tuscany, Chianciano, and Montepulciano.
Once arrived in Chianciano, you'll meet your expert local guide. You'll start tasting the extra pure olive oil and learn about the "streap" technique. In 15 minutes, you'll be in Montepulciano, shopping in the medieval scented village, discovering its noble wines. Drink inside the ancient cathedral of a noble family, and taste the best chocolate pairing.
Montepulciano is a medieval and Renaissance hill town located near Siena. It's a major producer of food and drink. Renowned for its pork, cheese, "pici" pasta, lentils, and honey, it's known worldwide for its wine. Connoisseurs consider its Vino Nobile, which should not be confused with varietal wine merely made from the Montepulciano grape, among Italy's best. A visit to Montepulciano won't be complete without sampling local wine.
At the end of the tour, sit back, relax and enjoy your approx. 2.5-hour drive back to your hotel in Rome. You can expect to be back at your hotel around 6.00 pm, depending on local traffic.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Local expert guide
- Olive mill visit and evo oil tasting
- Montepulciano guided tour with visit to the winery
- Wine-chocolate tasting
- Fuel surcharge
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You will be picked up and dropped off at your hotel. Please provide your hotel information, when booking to arrange your pick-up.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The price is for person (not per vehicle)
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years old
- Air-conditioned, fully insured and licensed legal vehicle with professional English-speaking driver
- The vehicle and driver will be at your complete disposal for the entire duration of the tour and will take you where big buses cannot go
- All tours can be modified and/or customized (even while on tour) to meet your complete satisfaction
- Your English-speaking driver will give a general overview regarding the history of the areas in the car before you start walking around on your own. He will allow all the time you need to visit with no rushing as in group tours. By Italian law he is unable to conduct guiding inside museums, monuments, etc, or even to leave the car to walk around with you
- Daily around 8.00 am
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
You’ll meet your guide and group near the entrance to the Colosseum; the extraordinary amphitheater ...
The most memorable, fun, and hands-on way to spend an evening, our Rome pasta-making class gives you...
Soak in the newly-opened and exclusive areas of the Colosseum with a small group and expert guide th...
Join the tour and combine a panoramic tour with morning skip the line access to the Vatican Museums....
Our pink buses are on the move all day long and will take you to the city’s most important monuments...