- Enjoy a guided tour of the Roman Catacombs, with an expert local guide
- Explore the Catacombs of Priscilla and Domitilla
- Learn about the Capuchin monks and their Crypt
See the best of underground Rome with this Christian Catacombs guided tour: explore the Catacombs of Priscilla and Domitilla, then visit the Capuchin Crypt with an expert local guide.
The main attraction of this tour will be definitely the crypt - charnel house decorated with around 4,000 Capuchin friars' bones, collected between 1528 and 1870 from the old cemetery of the order of Capuchins; the crypt is divided into five small chapels, where there are the mummies of some Capuchin friars.
Catacombs are underground burial areas used in ancient times. The Catacombs of Domitilla are placed in the ancient praedium Domitillae. Archaeological excavations conducted in the 20th century allowed researchers to discover burial grounds dated back to the 1st century B.C. The cemetery kept expanding until the end of the Roman Empire.
The Catacombs of Priscilla offer the chance of discovering the ancient Christian funeral tradition: these Catacombs are some of the most important in Rome. More than 40,000 people were buried here, in around 13 km of tunnels; different cubicula, little rooms with frescos representing Old and New Testament scenes, are still visible. In particular, it is possible to admire the "Madonna and Child" fresco, perhaps the world's oldest-known image of Mary, dated back to the 3rd century.
- Guided tour with an expert local guide
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Free: 0-7 years old
In front of the Basilica of Saint Clement
- Access to the Catacombs and the Crypt of Capuchins is allowed only to visitors dressed appropriately: shoulders and knees must be covered
- It is not allowed to enter the Catacombs with trolleys, large suitcases and backpacks, umbrellas with a spike tip, glass bottles, knives, scissors and any tools that could be harmful to other people or damage works of art
Daily at 11.00am
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...
Don't miss the romantic atmosphere of past times of the Serenissima Venice! Join this sightseeing to...
Profitez de cette excursion romantique de 3 heures de marche en soirée et admirez le coucher de sole...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Durata: 3 ore circa Minimo partecipanti: 2 persone Tariffa: Euro 84,00 a persona - Pranzo o cena con...