- Discover Cinque Terre on a day-trip from Rome in a small group of 15 people
- Visit three of the five beautiful towns on the Cinque Terre
- Travel between the towns via scenic boat cruise
This is a day trip that lets you visit the Cinque Terre from Rome and be back in your hotel by bedtime: using high-speed trains and a scenic boat cruise, with around 6 hours on the ground. Cinque Terre is one of the most beautiful and famous stretches of coastline in Italy but it isn’t the easiest place to get to. In this world-first day trip we take care of all the logistics so you can visit this incomparable region from Rome in a single, breathtaking day.
Your day start early, catching the first high-speed train from Rome, along with a group of no more than 15 people and your expert tour leader. Take a nap and enjoy some breakfast onboard; with one small train change you’ll be in Manarola in less than 3.5 hours. After a brief tour of the city you’ll make your way up Strada dell'Amore (Lover’s Road) to take a few photos from one of the most famous vantage points in Italy. Trust us, you’ll recognize the view when you see it.
Then it’s onto a boat, heading down the jaw-dropping coastline for 15 minutes until you reach Vernaza, the quaintest, and most authentic of the Cinque Terre towns. Along the way, you’ll pass the tiny town of Corniglia and marvel at its incredible location perched high above you on a clifftop. In Vernazza you’ll have around 2 hours to spend as you please. Grab a snack, take in its old castle and the ancient town walls, or simply wander its narrow, winding streets.
Then it’s back on the boat for a short jaunt down to Monterosso - the biggest town in Cinque Terre. Here you have almost three hours to enjoy a leisurely lunch, shop for souvenirs, or even swim in the ocean and lay out for a bit of sun. You can also join your guide for a short hike up to the Capuchin Monastery after lunch. After all this fun, you’ll hop back on a train in Monterrosso and head back to Rome.
- Corniglia (from the water)
- Round-trip transport from Rome by high-speed train
- Transfers between towns
- Boat transfer
- Expert tour leader
- Small groups of maximum 15 people
- Light breakfast on the train
- Additional snacks
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Roma Termini Train Station
Piazza dei Cinquecento, 1
Inside Termini train station, just outside the entrance to Caffe Moka, located next to train track number 24
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- If the boat doesn't run due to bad weather conditions, we will take the train instead and include a visit to Riomaggiore town.
- Please note that lunch is not included in this service. You will have free time to eat and your guide will be happy to recommend places to eat a full sit-down meal or to grab something quick while shopping.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays
- Meeting Time: 5:35 am
- Departure Time: 5:50 am
Take a break from the Italian capital and its chaotic streets to go on a one day Tuscan holiday. Thi...
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. T...
Experience the wonders of ancient Pompeii with an expert guide, then travel down the beautiful Amalf...
Visit the ruins of Pompeii and the iconic city of Naples in one day from Rome. We’ll whisk you direc...
Simplify your trip to Pompeii with this no-hassle transfer from Rome. Guided tour available in Engli...
On this all-inclusive day trip you’ll enjoy the very best of the Amalfi Coast without having to worr...
Join this amazing journey through space and time in Pompeii, a unique document of Greco-Roman life. ...
This VIP experience is the only one to take you directly to Naples via high-speed train, then on to ...
Escape the noise and heat of Rome to discover the ancient city of Ostia. On this 4.5-hour tour you w...
Experience the unparalleled beauty of the "Eternal City" by night and return home with Rome in your ...