- Visit one of the largest and most opulent villas ever build in Rome
- Wear your hard hat: restorations of the palace are still ongoing
- Admire the incredible frescoes which inspired Michelangelo and the Italian Renaissance
- Get free access to visit The Roman Forum and Palatine Hill on your own
Explore two of Ancient Rome’s most jaw-dropping remains: the Domus Aurea and the Colosseum. After a 3-hour tour, you’ll finish your morning wandering the ruins of the world-famous Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
Start your day in the Colosseum, where you’ll skip the entrance lines to walk inside the fascinating history of this iconic place. Your expert guide will tell you about the hunts, executions and gladiator fights that made the amphitheater famous.
Afterwards, put on a hard hat and head underground to discover the Domus Aurea, Nero’s ‘Golden Palace’. This titanic villa once spanned somewhere between 100 and 300 acres and was filled with enormous rooms with 30-foot ceilings glistening with marble, frescoes, semi-precious stones, and gold. Nero threw giant parties here, entertaining guests on his manmade lake, or raining rose petals and perfume down on them as they ate dinner in his revolving dining room.
After Nero’s suicide, Romans did their best to erase any memory of the much-hated emperor, which mean completely burying the Domus Aurea under Trajan’s baths. When rediscovered during the Renaissance, it became a mecca for artistic explorers like Raphael, Michelangelo, Pinturicchio and Casanova.
Your guide will take you to ancient rooms filled with frescoes and jaw-dropping Roman architecture. As a special treat, the excavators have added virtual reality displays that recreate the Golden Palace as it once was.
Back above ground, your guide will escort you to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. After ensuring that you skip the lines at the entrance, they will leave you to explore these world-class ruins in your own time.
- Special access Domus Aurea tour
- Skip-the-line Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill tickets
- Guided Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill tour
- Expert archaeologist guide
- hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infant (0-3): free
- Child (4-12): reduced
Via Nicola Salvi, 64, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Outside of Oppio Caffè located on Via delle Terme di Tito, 72 (near the Colosseum)
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- NOTE: There is a new rule at the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags will not be allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum.
- If you wish to visit the Forum and Palatine Hill (non guided), you need to do so directly when tour ends in order to be able to enter the sites.
- 01 April 2018 - 31 July 2018
- Saturdays, Sundays at 1:00 PM
Join your group (maximum 25 people) with an English-speaking guide and head to a special entrance of...
Become one of the first people ever to explore the Roman Catacombs after normal closing hours when y...
This is the tour for people who want to see everything and get the total Vatican experience. With an...
Note: this tour is available on various days and times of the year based on the language selected. P...
Those with limited time to explore the Vatican can't miss the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilic...
This tour includes a guided visit of two of the best examples of the stratifications of Rome and the...
If you have an interest in history or are a seasoned traveler looking for a unique Italian experienc...
Enter the Sistine Chapel before it opens to the general public and enjoy Michelangelo’s masterpieces...
Home of one of the most precious monuments of the Augustan age, the Ara Pacis is an alter built in h...
A professional private driver will pick you up at Fiumicino Airport and take you to Casal Palocco by...