Colosseum and Roman Forum with skip-the-line tickets and night tour with underground access
- Explore some of Rome's most famous sites by night
- Your tickets are included so you can save time at the entrance
- Learn more about the history of these ancient sites from your expert guide
- An unforgettable experience where you'll see the Eternal City under a special light
The mighty Colosseum is most beautiful and mysterious at night. Make your way through the gladiators’ underground passageways where they used to walk before their deadly battles with other men and wild animals. This guided night tour also includes the Roman Forum, seen from the bird’s eye view from the Campidoglio, as well as other sites of Ancient Rome.
Your tour will start with the Trajan’s Column, moving past Piazza Venezia and up Michelangelo’s staircase to reach the Campidoglio. The Campidoglio is a beautiful piazza, outside the Capitoline Museum, whose curved surface is often compared to that of an egg and was designed by Michelangelo.
Walk around the museum to find a little-known vantage point overlooking the Roman Forum (closed at this time). As the light fades, your professional English-speaking guide will talk you through the heart and history of Rome’s historic center. He or she will point out temples, arches and the sanctuary of Ancient Rome’s famous Vestal Virgins.
As you continue your walk, your guide will point out Caesar’s and Augustus’ Forums among other ruins. As you walk past the Forums you will come to the highlight of our tour – the Roman Colosseum.
At this time of night the Colosseum is virtually empty and your guide will lead you around telling stories about the history and people that once tread on the same ground. This is truly a fascinating and unforgettable experience. You will roam the arena floor where you will have a better understanding of the magnitude of Ancient Rome’s greatest amphitheater.
A sure highlight of the tour comes when you venture into the underground passageways. You will walk through the very tunnels that gladiators and beasts passed through before being hoisted onto the arena floor via trap doors.
Very few visitors have the unique opportunity to visit the Colosseum’s underground passageways, and fewer still see it at night, making this visit both peaceful and spooky at the same time.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of max. 25 people
- Skip-the-line access to the Colosseum
- Entrance ticket and reservation fee for the Colosseum
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (ages 4-14): reduced rate
- Children (ages 0-3): free (strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour)
Piazza Foro Traiano, 3607, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
The tour commences on the platform directly in front of Trajan’s Column. Trajan’s Column (around 30 m high with engravings) is located on Via dei Fori Imperiali next to Piazza Venezia. When standing right in front and facing the Victor Emmanuel II Monument (a.k.a. the “Wedding Cake), it’s directly to the left across the street. In the summer, your tour coordinator will be waiting there wearing a blue polo shirt with the City Wonders logo printed on it, and in the winter, a blue jacket of the same design.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Colosseum does not have any cloakroom facilities in which to store such items.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers an extended tour in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
- September: Sunday - Thursday
- October: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- November: Friday, Saturday
- December: Saturday
- Departure at 7.00 pm, the tour ends at the Colosseum around 9.30 pm
- Departure at 9.20 pm the tour ends at the Colosseum around 11.50 pm
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance
See the wonders of ancient Rome as most people don’t – jumping queues in a small group with an exper...
The Vatican has so many treasures and can be overwhelming. We want you to experience it in the best ...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 3-hour guided tou...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
Those with limited time to explore the Vatican can't miss the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilic...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Visit 2 of Rome's most important monuments: the fastidiously-engineered Pantheon and the archaic San...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria and the Martyres, better known as the Pantheon, and admire the bea...
If you would prefer to visit the Borghese Gallery and Museum in Rome at your own leisure, without a ...