Combo tour: Vatican museums, Sistine chapel, Colosseum, Forums and Palatine Hill
- Choose between 7 departure times per day at the Vatican and 6 departure times per day at Colosseum
- Save your time and money with this Combo tour of Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forums
- Skip the line to the Colosseum, Palatine hills and Roman Forums and Vatican Museums
Saving your time and your money, with this “Combo Tour” you will have the opportunity and the security to visit with a professional English local guide the COLOSSEUM, ROMAN FORUMS, PALATINE HILL and VATICAN MUSEUMS WITH SISTINE CHAPEL, without the stress of looking for any ticket and of waiting hours in the long lines. Step 1 Colosseum Tour: You’ll meet your guide near the entrance to The Colosseum the extraordinary amphitheater was ancient Rome’s center of public entertainment. Before you enter, your guide will give you a thorough history lesson about the site, including the gladiatorial lashes and wild-animal fights that were once staged here. Once you’re inside, you’ll wander remnants of the seating arcades that once fit more than 60,000 spectators. Next comes the Roman Forum where you’ll explore the one time cultural, economic, and
political center of ancient Rome. You’ll walk along the Via Sacra, tracing the paths of ancient military processions and political rallies. Next is Palatine Hill: where the twins Romulus and Remus first decided to begin building the city of Rome atop this impressive hill. You’ll understand why as you walk here among its ruined emperors’ palaces and still-blooming botanical gardens. Step 2 Vatican City Tour Itinerary: The Vatican Museums - Reaching the Vatican Museums, the guide will give you an overview of the history and art of the smallest country
in the World. At the entrance to the Vatican Museums and skipping right past the long entry lines you’ll walk through cavernous galleries filled with ancient sculptures, tapestries, maps, and Etruscan antiquities. The most famous frescoes in the world will greet you when you enter the jewel box of the Sistine Chapel. Here, you’ll be surrounded by the stunning Michelangelo masterpieces that have adorned a million picture postcards including the nine central panels of the chapel ceiling, each depicting a tale from Genesis. Last but not least thanks to a direct passage way from the Sistine chapel you’ll enter the grand basilica- The world’s largest church, and one of its most sacred Catholic sites sit atop the very spot where St. Peter was buried. On this self-guided part of the tour, you’ll see the church’s chapels and elaborately painted, multi-domed ceiling; also, Michelangelo’s remarkable Pietà a sculptural depiction of the Virgin Mary cradling her son.
- Expert guide at both sites
- Skip-the-Line entrances Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Skip-the-line entrance to Vatican Museums including Sistine Chapel
- S. Peter's Basilica tour (self-guided)
- Audio headsets if needed
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transfer between the two sites
- Anything that is not specified
- Child 6-17: reduced
- Infant 0-5: free of charge
Via Giovanni Giolitti, 60, Roma, RM
Meet and Greet representative office
- Please mind that extra closing times may occur with very short notice
- Be aware that even with Skip-the-Line entrance, lines may occur due to Security checks
- The Basilica is closed on Wednesdays for the Papal Audience.
- Please mind that extra closures can always occur with very short notice
- Be aware that even with Skip-the-Line entrance, lines may anyway occur due to
- Security checks.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- All customers must be able to autonomously walk, climb and get off the steps.
- Cancel up to 48h days in advance for a full refund
Schedule for Vatican Museum:
h. 10.15am, 11.15am, 12.15am, 13.15am, 14.15am, 15.15am
Schedule for Colosseum:
h. 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 14.30pm, 15.30pm, 16.30pm
Colosseum: May 1st • June 2nd • Every 1st sunday of the month
Vatican: All religious holidays • Apr 2 • May 1 • Jun 2 and 29 • Aug 14 and 15
Please mind that extra closures can always occur with very short notice.
Venture off the beaten path to experience the real flavors of Rome in the vibrant neighbourhoods of ...
Don’t see the Colosseum like a normal tourist, queuing for ages to access even the skip the line gro...
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access ...
Be welcomed by your licensed guide at the Bath of Caracalla, where your small group tour will start....
Take part to an amazing 3-hour guided tour inside Villa Farnesina, where the architectural design an...
Do you think the Vatican Museums are not child-friendly? Think again! Meet a top child-friendly guid...