Domus Romane of Palazzo Valentini guided visit
- Visit the ancient spa found under the headquarters of the Metropolitan City of Rome
- Learn about the Palazzo Valentini's history
- Discover the result of the work of archaeologists, architects and art historians
- Experience an journey through time with the help of the new technologies put in place for the exhibition
Discover the "Domus", which belonged to the most noble and powerful families of Ancient Rome. Thanks to restoration work carried out by archaeologists and architects, and a virtual reconstruction made of lighting, sound effects and projections, you are now able admire mosaics, decorations, flooring and pavements dating back to the 16th century. The new technologies put in place also allow visitors to experience the thermal baths, living rooms, kitchens and furnishing from the Imperial era.
The redevelopment project was conducted and curated by Piero Angela and a team of technicians and experts, including Paco Lanciano and Gaetano Capasso. The exhibition now tqke visitors on a fascinating journey through time to discover the artistic and historical heritage of the Domus Romane and the Palazzo Valentini.
- Entrance ticket and guided visit of the Domus Romane of Palazzo Valentini
- Citizens residing in the province of Rome over 65 years old
- Children 6-17 years old
Free of charge:
- Children up to 3 years old
- Teachers accompanying classes (only the presale fee)
- Disabled visitors and their accompanying adults (only the presale fee)
The "Domus Romane" entrance is in Via Foro Traiano 85 (in front of the Trajan's Column)
- You will need to exchange your ticket on the day, before the start of your visit
- You must show a printed copy of your confirmation voucher at the counter in order to receive your entrance ticket
- Every day 9.30am - 8.00pm (last admission at 6.30pm)
- Closed on: Tuesdays, 25 December, 1 January, 1 May
The guided visits are available in different languages as per the following schedule:
- English: 9.30am - 1.30pm - 2.00pm - 2.30pm
- Italian: 12.00pm - 1.00pm - 4.30pm - 5.30pm - 6.00pm
- French: 11.30am
- Spanish: 5.00pm
- German: 1.00pm
Considered as the most ancient publicly owned museum in the world, Capitoline Museums are an importa...
Gets inside the Ara Pacis and participate in one of the rites performed there. "The Ara as it was" i...
If you want to discover the most important aspects of everyday Roman life from the end of the eighte...
Home of one of the most precious monuments of the Augustan age, the Ara Pacis is an alter built in h...
Built at the beginning of the second century, at the same time of the Forum with the same name, Traj...
Breeze past the long queues in St Peter’s square and go straight into the Vatican for a day of art a...
The invaluable masterpieces of the Vatican Museums represent an unmissable treasure. Being one of th...
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
See the best of Rome with a three-hour guided tour of city’s most famous sites. This mixture of anci...