- Discover the hidden gems of the Vatican with an expert guide
- Avoid long lines at the entrance with your express ticket
- See the Vatican museums, the Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
- The ideal Vatican tour!
Note: this tour is available on various days and times of the year based on the language selected. Please check the availability on the calendar while booking your tour. The hour and date cannot be modified after final selection.
The Vatican has so many treasures that it makes sense to see it the smart way: skipping the lines and learning about the collections from a professional local guide. This tour gives you the time and access to really get the best of the Vatican. The experience includes:
- Skip-the-line access to the Vatican museums
- The artworks of Michelangelo and Raphael
- The famous courtyards
- The Gallery of Tapestries and the Gallery of the Candelabra
- The Sistine Chapel with expert commentary
- Express access to St Peter’s Basilica
- Michelangelo’s La Pietà
- St Peter’s Square and Bernini’s optical illusion
- The Pope’s balcony
- The tour ends in St Peter’s Square
Please note: on Wednesdays, access to St Peter's Basilica and square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal audience. On afternoon tours, your guide will tell you about St. Peter’s Basilica from St Peter’s Square before entering so that you are able to admire at your own pace.
- Skip-the-line access to St Peter's Basilica
- Fast track (no wait) entrance ticket and reservation fee to the Vatican Museums
- Access to the Sistine Chapel
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Small groups of 20 people or less
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (0-5): free (strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour)
- Youth (6-18): reduced
Viale Vaticano, 00165 Roma RM, Italy
TOUR IN ENGLISH at the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. The closest metro stop is on line A (red line): Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani. TOUR IN FRENCH, GERMAN, SPANISH, PORTUGUESE OR ITALIAN near the corner of Piazza Santa Maria delle Grazie and Via Candia, at the very bottom of the steps that join Via Candia to Viale Vaticano. The closest metro stop is line A Cipro.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Entrance to the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- The Basilica is subject to last-minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we are happy to offer a longer tour of the Vatican Museums. We always try to inform groups ahead of time, if there are any disruptions to opening hours, this is not always possible (we are unable to provide refunds or discounts).
- Please note that large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must be checked into the free luggage storage area. Please do not bring these items as you may need to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance. Only very small bags are allowed.
- On Wednesdays, access to St Peter's Basilica and square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal audience.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited.
- Our tour routes are designed to minimize exposure to crowds as much as possible, but be aware that the museums are very busy by nature.
- Note: this tour is available on various days and times of the year based on the language selected. Please check the availability on the calendar while booking your tour. The hour and date cannot be modified after final selection.
- The service ends at St Peter's Basilica in St Peter's Square. On Wednesdays, when the Basilica is closed, the service ends at the Vatican museums entrance.
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 3.5-hour guided t...
Buy your Colosseum skip-the-line tickets with a dedicated entrance, at the selected time. Meet your ...
Spend a half-day seeing the essential sites of ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it...
Tarquinia is said to have been already a flourishing city, when Demaratus of Corinth brought workmen...
Explore the Renaissance city of Florence on a full-day tour from Rome. We will leave Rome to visit t...
Profitez de cette excursion romantique de 3 heures de marche en soirée et admirez le coucher de sole...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Discover the most famous amphitheater in the world and relive the glorious past of Ancient Rome with...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Take part in a once-in-a-lifetime tour where you can be a part of the papal audience and see the pop...