Express Colosseum tour with Gladiator's entrance and Arena floor
- Skip the long lines and enter the Colosseum through the former Gladiator's entrance
- Take advantage of the immediate access to the coveted Arena Floor and other areas closed to regular ticket holders
- Spend more time inside the Colosseum or follow your guide for having skip-the-line access to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
Experience the immensity of ancient Rome’s most iconic symbol on this express Colosseum tour with privileged direct access to the Arena floor through the recently opened Gladiator’s entrance, without the lines, crowding and long security checks.
Feel the glory and majesty of Rome at the height of its power as you walk on the very same stones as those who came to fight here in gladiatorial combat. Here, you are sure to hear their echoes as your eyes are drawn upward, your body turns and your mind is boggled by the elegance and engineering prowess of what was once the largest structure of its kind in the world.
Home to the gladiatorial games, exotic staged hunts, theatrical executions and even mock sea-battles, this 1.5-hour Colosseum tour explores the Arena floor with all special access areas that standard ticket holders don’t get to see. In addition, you will follow your guide up to the second level to see what the crowds saw, tracing the Colosseum’s circumference in an effort to understand what it must have been like when the stands were packed, the crowds were roaring and a gladiator’s destiny hung on their whims.
After the tour you will also have the option of staying inside the Colosseum to continue your exploration, or follow your guide for skip-the-line access to the Roman Forum. Here you will be taken to the best vantage point for a short introduction into its history and most famous monuments before visiting them on your own, enriched by your guide’s expert knowledge. You will also be able to hike to the top of the Palatine Hill for an exceptional bird’s-eye perspective over the Forum and Circus Maximus.
- Privileged Colosseum Arena access
- 1.5 hour guided tour of the Colosseum
- Optional skip-the-line for the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food/Beverage (when not mentioned in the Inclusions)
- Children (4-14 years old): Reduced
- Infants (0-3 years old): Free
Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 3, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
At Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". Your guide coordinator will be waiting here wearing a blue City Wonders polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Colosseum does not have any cloakroom facilities in which to store such items.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers an extended tour in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
Tour Operates Daily
- 10:00 am
- 10:50 am
- 11:10 am
If you are planning to visit the Colosseum on your own, but would still like to skip the long lines,...
The Vatican has so many treasures and can be overwhelming. We want you to experience it in the best ...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
Early access to the Sistine Chapel is perfect for those who want to see this masterpiece without the...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
Make sure your visit to the Vatican Museums is as relaxed and special as it should be with our early...
Enjoy a St. Peter’s visit in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tablet...
Il nostro tour guidato con accesso salta fila ai siti archeologici, in sole tre ore, ti permetterà d...
You’ll meet your guide and group near the entrance to the Colosseum; the extraordinary amphitheater ...
Join a guide on a mind-blowing tour of some of the most historic, yet hidden, sites of Rome on a 3-h...