Full-day Rome tour skip-the-line Vatican Museums and Colosseum
- Visit the two most important attractions in Rome: the Vatican and the Colosseum
- Fast and no wait access to the Vatican Museums
- Skip-the-line access to St. Peter's Basilica and to the Colosseum
- Follow a route carefully planned by our expert English-speaking guides
This combo tour takes you to Rome's two most important attractions, the Vatican and the Colosseum, in a single day, including visits to Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill. Enjoy no wait access to the Vatican and skip-the-line at all other venues. In addition, our tour routes, specifically designed by expert local guides, will save you time so you can enjoy the sites more.
In the morning, you'll follow an itinerary through the Vatican Museums, visiting the most famous areas, such as the Sistine Chapel and the Raphael Rooms, plus galleries full of ancient sculptures, tapestries, medieval maps, paintings, and precious relics. Your expert English-speaking guide will tell you about the stories behind the artworks, bringing the collection to life. You'll learn about hidden details in Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel frescoes, such as the way he painted his enemies as well as his personal message for the Pope. From the Sistine Chapel, you'll enter St. Peter’s Basilica to visit the stunning masterpieces within. You'll see Michelangelo’s 'Pieta' and the magnificent altar, not to mention the basilica itself and its impressive dome, one of the largest in the world. You'll then have free time to have lunch at a local restaurant or go for a stroll in the center of Rome.
In the early afternoon, you'll start your adventure at the Colosseum, one of the world’s most iconic sights. Our guides, who are experts in history and archaeology, will take you back to ancient times recounting the games and politics that played out and how mock sea battles were once held here. No visit to ancient Rome would be complete without going further back to its origins. You'll explore the Palatine Hill, where Romulus founded the city, and the Roman Forum, the economic and political heart of Ancient Rome.
Get the most from your visit with our small groups. Your guide will be easy to interact with, making it a more intimate experience. Get the most from the Eternal City by visiting its top must-see sites in just one day!
Guided tours of Vatican and Colosseum last 3hrs each, with a break in between. No transfer is provided.
- Skip-the-line access to the Vatican Museums
- Vatican Museums entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Access to the Sistine Chapel
- Skip-the-line access and tickets to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Headsets, so you can always hear your guide
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- Expert, English-speaking tour guides
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Transfers between two tours
- Children (ages 4-14): reduced
- Infants (ages 0-3): free
Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
VATICAN TOUR: At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. The closest metro stop is on line A (red line): Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani. GPS Coordinates: 41.907262, 12.45304 COLOSSEUM TOUR: At Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". This is our meeting point. GPS Coordinates: 41.89171, 12.491599
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Colosseum does not have any cloakroom facilities in which to store such items. The Vatican only permits very small bags, and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks. Any such items must be checked into the free luggage storage area which may result in your having to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance
- Italy’s tourist sites are among the most popular in the world. Skip the Line Access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. The Tour Operator cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
- On Wednesdays, access to St. Peter’s Basilica & Square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal Audience
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited
- On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers an extended tour in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour
Please note: Depending on the season this tour may start at the Colosseum followed by the Vatican. Or the Vatican Museums followed by the Colosseum. Please consult your voucher prior to the tour.
Operating days: Monday-Saturday
- The Vatican Museums tour ends at St. Peter’s Basilica in St. Peter’s Square
- The Colosseum Group tour ends on the Palatine Hill.
If you had only one day in Rome, this is the tour you’d take to see it all. A combination of our mos...
Make sure your visit to the Vatican Museums is as relaxed and special as it should be with our early...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
The National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo can be considered at the same time a monument, an archaeol...
The Vatican Museums are an absolute must-see for tourists of any age coming to Rome, so if you’re wo...
Grazie all'accesso privilegiato (salta fila) ammirerai una delle più vaste collezioni di arte del mo...
Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria ad Martyres, better known as the Pantheon, and admire the beauty o...
Visit the ruins of Pompeii in the iconic city of Naples in one day from Rome. We’ll take you from Ro...
Travel back to the days of emperors and popes, and see the highlights of the papal collections on a ...
Be welcomed by your licensed guide at the Bath of Caracalla, where your small group tour will start....