Imperial Rome walking tour with Colosseum and panoramic terrace views
- Skip-the-line sightseeing tour of the Colosseum and the Roman Forum
- Visit the Capitoline hill, the current main seat of the municipality of Rome
- End the tour on a terrace with breathtaking views of the city
Your tour begins with a visit to the most imposing monument in ancient Rome: the Colosseum. Originally known as the Flavian Amphitheatre after the Emperor that began its construction, it was inaugurated in 80 AD and remains the largest amphitheater in the world.
The symbol of the city, the building inspires reverential awe, affirming the greatness and splendor of ancient Rome. The amphitheater could contain between 50 000 and 75 000 spectators, anxious to attend the bloody fights between wild beasts and gladiators.
The tour continues as you delve into the Roman Forum, a valley sandwiched between the Palatine hill, where the city of Rome began, and the Capitoline hill, the next landmark of your trajectory. The Forum constituted the political, religious and commercial center of the city and it is here, lying between glorious temples and arches, that Julius Caesar’s body rests, commemorated by an altar that can still be visited today.
Exiting the Forum, you'll head to the Capitoline that takes its name from the hill on which it rests. Today the site is home to the main seat of the municipality of Rome, an interesting choice of location seeing as during the Roman era the Tarpeian Rock was used as an execution site for traitors of the Empire.
Your tour will end on a terrace with extraordinary views of the entire ancient valley. An unforgettable image that will surely be amongst your most treasured memories of Rome.
- Guided walking tour
- Visit of the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Skip-the-line entrance
- Small group of maximum 25
- Expert guide
- Hotel pick-up or drop-off
- Colosseum and Roman Forum admission fees - to pay in cash directly on site (16€ per adult 18+, 11.50€ per 18-25 EU citizens with valid EU ID card, 4€ per children aged 7-17).
- Infant (0-6): free
- Child (7-17): reduced
Via Nicola Salvi, 64, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
At the Colosseum metro stop, line B, next to the green kiosk.
- Prices refer to the tour only. In order to enter the Colosseum and Roman Forum you must pay an admission fee in cash directly on site. Prices are 16€ per adult 18+, 11.50€ per 18-25 EU citizens with valid EU ID card, 4€ per children aged 7-17.
- Note: tickets entrance to the Colosseum and Vatican Museums are not included in the price of the tour. These must be purchased on the day of your visit to pay directly on site to your guide. Any ticket entrance purchased in advance won’t be accepted.
Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays at 2pm
Get on the City Sightseeing Open Bus at one of the many stops and explore the city at your own pace....
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
With your children, discover the great accomplishments of the Ancient Roman Emperors at the Colosseu...
Season 2018/2019 - Minù presents DJs ARE NOT SUPERHEROES Humility is always the best record a DJ can...